2007 duramax codes shop recommendation

str8axleguy

Hi I have a 2007 duramax with about 120 k that is my tow rig. The last two trips I went on to Island park I got two engine codes, p2563 and p0234. The 2563 code relates to the variable vanes in the turbo reporting incorrect position. I would like your recommendation on shops to look at this and diagnose at least. Truck is deleted with lift pump and I did that work myself so if it needs a turbo or sensor I would probably do it myself. I’m only getting these codes towing so not a huge concern as I don’t tow much through the winter. Thanks in advance!

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
I’m a fan of Moonlight here in cache valley but they’re definitely on the more expensive end.

I’ve been told to avoid Northern Utah Diesel Experts by several people. Just a heads up but I don’t personally have first hand experience with them.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
I don’t have any experience with those but on other variable vain turbos I’ve dealt with the vanes can get sooty and stick. Might need a good cleaning… doesn’t sound fun to do. Also if the controller uses vacuum maybe a line is pinched or leaking? Just shooting in the dark.

Give Moonlight a call Mike or Curtis are usually pretty good about giving you a good idea of what it would cost to troubleshoot.