2010 rules

Craig S

Commando
I want to put this out on the table just to see what everyone thinks. Do you think that if a competitor and his rig have ever driven in a pro comp that they should have to run unlimited or not? IMO I don't think it is fair that the full on pro guys can come out and compete with the little guys. I think if they are pro and have a pro buggy there they should have to compete in unlimited. And give the people with the less expensive backyard built rigs a fighting chance to go out and have fun with alike rigs.Ok now lets have the feed back.

You guys have just gone over just about all the things involved with the experienced drivers (pro guys). I think that the driver & spotter make more difference than the vehicle. Although the vehicle mods can be big in some places. The drivers from Werock are good because they practice a lot and drive all the hard stuff. They are also around teams like the Lovells, Troy Baily, Carl Nelson and others so they have been schooled on how to get through the tuff courses.

I have thought about assigning penalty points to experienced teams, but where do you draw the line? Last year I asked some experienced teams to step up a class. Most did.

The best thing anybody could do is to practice on the course so that you can run all the obstacles with your eyes closed. When Dallas & I were competing in UROC we practiced with cones as often as we could. It will make a difference. The Delta Proving Grounds (new name and sign) is open all year long and it's free! Get a group together and come down. I'll set some cones set and we will have some fun!

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
The way I look at it, everyone knows "the other guy" so far, it's a nice tight-knit community. So if someone's going to sandbag a class, everyone knows it. And how awesome is that going to feel around the campfire later in the evening? I think it's weak sauce not to compete up to your level of experience, but it's a free country. :D

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I have confidence that Craig runs a fair event. It's all for fun anyways. If you guys stress it to much you'll kill the fun.

as some crazy Hawaiin said the other day at Moki's

"relax bra... you're harshin' my mellow"

Creer32

Killer CJ-7
So would this put me in the unlimited class Extended 8" 35's but the back half of the body is gone???????? or did I miss read the rules???????????

Attachments

• 0408091749.jpg
    0408091749.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 14

Craig S

Commando
So would this put me in the unlimited class Extended 8" 35's but the back half of the body is gone???????? or did I miss read the rules???????????

Cool ride. Looks like a Legend Class vehicle to me from the photo, but you would have to show it to me or bring it to tech for a final classification. You would get some - points for the 35s. Only thing that might kick you up is the body panels missing in back. Call me with questions.

CJenson

My tech question would be; is it nesessary to run a sealed battery like an optima in the stock class like the rules state. If so that would most likely prevent a person like me from coming to the event.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
My tech question would be; is it nesessary to run a sealed battery like an optima in the stock class like the rules state. If so that would most likely prevent a person like me from coming to the event.

This is a pretty standard safety rule common to all rockcrawling organizations. It's been part of the tech inspection at every event I've ever been to.

CJenson

I guess from what I have read on the previous posts, the battery is the least of my worries for running stock class. I am running a flatbed, full width but the frame is bobbed about a foot from stock. Coil spring 3-link conversion on the front. Other than a little welding rod and a front locker it is mostly stock. In my opinion that would not be enough to make me even close to competitive in the legends class, but it seems to be too much for stock.

Creer32

Killer CJ-7
I cant see bumping anyone up a class as long as the wheelbase is within limits, and suspension is within rules set...... cutting the rear of my jeep has not helped it wheel any better in any way, It just lets me tip over farther!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

CJenson

In my case there is less to get hung up on but I still have leaves hanging out the rear that can get caught on things. I would be perfectly fine with the penalty for the suspension swap but it sounds like there are a few people that might not appreciate the fact that I do not have rear sheetmetal like the rules say. I don't feel like it gives me much advantage over the stock bed, other than not crunching up a bunch of sheetmetal like I did before I took it off.

lostsamurai

FnZuKiN24/7
Would i be legend class with penalty points for wheelbase which is 98"
2010-01-30171748.jpg

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
Yes, legends. That is, unless those tires are 41's... :)

If you're at all worried, a pretty girl driving the rig through tech always makes the inspectors miss something. I'm just saying.... ;)

lostsamurai

FnZuKiN24/7
Yes, legends. That is, unless those tires are 41's... :)

If you're at all worried, a pretty girl driving the rig through tech always makes the inspectors miss something. I'm just saying.... ;)

Well then ill need to find me a pretty girl who wants to drive a sammy!