2014 Proposed OSRC Rules Including UTVs

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
rules website is down. I'd like to see stock class rules again please.

I don't mean to ruffle any feathers saying this:
Every year I say this, but I still think it's valid.

We need a Pro-Mod class.

Lump the F-toys in with them. We never really have enough F-toys to run an F-toy only class.

F-toys and rigs that should be pro-mods have been sandbagging the Legend class because they don't want to run unlimited.

Legend class should be just the next push over stock mod: bigger tire, wheelbase, suspension mod, engine.
Spectators love to watch the Legend class because they still look very much like a vehicle they might own; just with enough mods that it is no longer street legal.
Not dove-nose- dove-tail, back-halfed, or reskined tube buggies.

If you don't have 66% original sheet metal and frame, it's not a Legend.
Skin'd tube cars (even with a frame) have a huge advantage over a true Legend vehicle.

If we make a real Pro-mod class (that includes F-toys and F-toy look-a-likes) it will undoubtedly be the most fun to run and competitive class with easily 5-7 competitors.

Last edited:

maveric

Crawler Collecter
I would like to see a Promod class this year. I agree that we (me personally) don't belong in the Legends class, but I don't feel that we would be any more competitive with the Unlimited's then people feel the Legends are to the ftoys. I have enjoyed running the unlimited lines that we have in the past years, but some of the lines that Craig puts up for them are physically impossible for us to get our leaf sprung, full frame rigs through the 1st gates.

As for the Legends, not sure about the dove nose/tail restriction. My daily driver is bobbed and dovetailed, but other than dual cases, gears/lockers, some fender trimming, and a SAS, it is stock. It would actually class as a stock class rig. This vehicle would not even be remotely competitive in the promod class. The dove tail isn't any more advantageous than a flatbed.

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
There has always been a Promod class. The problem is, nobody wants to run in it. Most everyone who would run that class prefers to run the tougher Unlimited class (and I salute those guys), leaving a class of only one or two Promod guys. Any of you legends guys want to step up and make it a class? Bring it on and we can probably have a competitive class. On the other hand, I would never tell a Promod driver he couldn't run Unlimited. I think that would take a lot of the fun out of this event.

Like last year, there will be an F-Toy class. They may not all be F-Toy's proper, but they'll be close enough and will run only with the permission of the true F-Toy rigs.

On another note, I see some of the stock guys concerned that the JK's can run a larger tire. Why would you care? The Jk class is an entirely separate class from the Stock class.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Who do I need to talk to about an official ruling of which class my jeep belongs in?

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
So call it and ftoy/ promod class.
Don't force anyone into a lower class but there are plenty of rigs that have competed in legends that should be promods and can't realistically make the leap to unlimited.

EB101

Wondering where my buddy's early Bronco would fit. As I recall he's full bodied with a pinched front, 10 inch stretched wheel base, linked out back, and ~40s. It's also street legal and plated, not that he'll run stock.
-Steve

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
I will run pro-mod, I might still fit in legends but if others are willing to bump up too or whatever I would too so who here wants to be in pro mod?

Creampuff

"1.7 Suspension

1.7a Stock configuration suspension designs required. Example: leaf from factory, leaf for competition, coil/leaf from factory,
coil/leaf for competition, etc... Double shackle, air shocks or coil over systems are allowed with a 10 point penalty (+10)."

Does this mean that you can run a leaf to coil over conversion with a 10 point penalty and still stay in stock class? Or does it mean that if you switch from coils to coil overs you take the penalty points?