up to 5, its not nearly enough.
2 nights May 22/23 old school rock crawl
2 nights June 12/13 strawberry res camping and riding
1 night July 11 Yuba

ID Bronco

Total: 17 Nights
2 More nights these were at Island Park Scout Camp in Idaho

First Night 1-16-17-2015 Scout Campout
Second Night 3-13-2015 Scout Campout - Pine Creek Pass, ID (Snow caves that didn't last. Most beautiful sunrise I've seen in years)
Third through Fifth nights - 3-26-29, 2015 - City of Rocks & Castle Rock in Idaho - If you haven't been there and like rock climbing, hiking, or cool rock formations you should make it a point to visit!
Sixth night - 4-24-25 McCammon Turkey Hunting - Good times, lots of rain, a couple of fish, lots of turkeys, but no kills.
Seventh night - Wyatt's 7th birthday, May 1-2 he wanted a campout with Dad. Very cool. First night in my refreshed north face 2 man 4 season.
Nights 8-11 (5-21-25, 2015) Kaughman/Birch Creek - Motorcycling, Fishing, Exploring, sweet food, lots of fires!
Twelfth night - (5-29-30, 2015) Moody Creek, ID - Good fellowship, small creek fishing, tent camping with my four boys! Good tradition and great memories!
13-14 Nights Heise Hot Springs - Tent Youth Conference. Awesome activities, beautiful campground, comfy Cot!
Night 15 - Grand Teton National Park Gross Venture Campground - Tent - Daddy Daughter camp out. Kayaking in String Lake. Vehicle trouble aside it was a good time.
Nights 16 & 17 Springbarring (yes I think that is a new hip word) it in the rain. It was double cool for me - one of my boys was attending so I hung with him, but my older boy was a staff member too. It was cool to see him in a work/responsibility environment from afar. That is a great camp and he even got his Sailing merit badge. It was pretty cool.

Attachments

• Sailors.jpg
    Sailors.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Briggs and Cole leatherwork.jpg
    Briggs and Cole leatherwork.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Cole fire with magnifyer.jpg
    Cole fire with magnifyer.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 7

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Total: 11

-3 night in cainville/capitol reef
-1 night open cot in Moab
-1 night in cherry creek
- 2 nights in Escalante national monument.
-1 night in a hidden, undisclosed location.
-1 night in RTT at Jordan pines.
-2 nights off Skyline Dr

IMG_4452[1].jpg

Tonkaman

9 nights total:

3 nights in Caineville 3/25-3/28
1 night in Moab 4/10
1 night in Little Sahara 4/18
1 night in Cherry Creek 5/1
1 night @ code name: Hidden Gem
2 nights on Skyline Drive 7/23-7/24

ID Bronco

Total: 24 Nights
7 Nights in Yellowstone Park!

Second Night 3-13-2015 Scout Campout - Pine Creek Pass, ID (Snow caves that didn't last. Most beautiful sunrise I've seen in years)
Third through Fifth nights - 3-26-29, 2015 - City of Rocks & Castle Rock in Idaho - If you haven't been there and like rock climbing, hiking, or cool rock formations you should make it a point to visit!
Sixth night - 4-24-25 McCammon Turkey Hunting - Good times, lots of rain, a couple of fish, lots of turkeys, but no kills.
Seventh night - Wyatt's 7th birthday, May 1-2 he wanted a campout with Dad. Very cool. First night in my refreshed north face 2 man 4 season.
Nights 8-11 (5-21-25, 2015) Kaughman/Birch Creek - Motorcycling, Fishing, Exploring, sweet food, lots of fires!
Twelfth night - (5-29-30, 2015) Moody Creek, ID - Good fellowship, small creek fishing, tent camping with my four boys! Good tradition and great memories!
13-14 Nights Heise Hot Springs - Tent Youth Conference. Awesome activities, beautiful campground, comfy Cot!
Night 15 - Grand Teton National Park Gross Venture Campground - Tent - Daddy Daughter camp out. Kayaking in String Lake. Vehicle trouble aside it was a good time.
Nights 16 & 17 Springbarring (yes I think that is a new hip word) it in the rain. It was double cool for me - one of my boys was attending so I hung with him, but my older boy was a staff member too. It was cool to see him in a work/responsibility environment from afar. That is a great camp and he even got his Sailing merit badge. It was pretty cool.

18-24 Nights - 7 more nights in Yellowstone National Park. I did a lot of animal watching, fishing, and almost no visitor center/store/regulatory things. Staying away from as much of the "regulatory" things as possible made this an extremely awesome experience. First, I have never spent more than two days in a row in Yellowstone. I live 90 miles away and visit a time or two a year but usually just day trips. This was entirely different. First part of the time I had six kids and my wife and I. (one is a friend) That made it fun and the little things were exciting to the kids which made them cooler for us. Second, just my two oldest boys and I fished for a few days alone. That was cool, because we spent a lot of time together and looked at everything from a more grown up view. We got off the beaten path a lot while fishing. It was cool to see things you cannot see from the road.
I learned quite a few things on this trip. First, to see lots of cool animals you have to spend a lot of time in the park. Second, You have to put on a lot of miles to cover it all and to reach the specific rivers/streams and to hit the right hatches on the water. Third, it is totally awesome to be fishing for totally wild cutthroat or brooke trout with bison thirty yards away. (not smart, but very cool) It added a level of ambiance to the experience that I have not found anywhere else. Having a geyser spouting 50 yards away on the bank is a cool experience. None of the fish were big, but they were plentiful and vibrantly colored. For my own records we saw: 10 grizzly bears, 3 wolves, hundreds of bison, Elk, Deer, Geese, Moose, Cranes, Swans, Muskrat, Antelope, Eagles, Osprey, Ravens, Ducks, Squirrels, Gophers, Chipmunks, Cutthroat Trout, Brooke Trout, a toad and tons of other birds I cannot identify. The spotting scope was worth it's weight in gold. Kids love the outdoors and they rejuvenate me! It was a really cool time. I look forward to our back country hike in September there too!
One last note, when you have a lot of time you don't get as upset or frustrated with slow drivers, foreigners, and silly rules.DSCF3079.jpgBriggs fishing the Madison after rainstorm.jpgIMG_0183.JPG

Attachments

• Boys Antelope.jpg
    Boys Antelope.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 10
  • Boys with Bison fising.jpg
    Boys with Bison fising.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 10
  • Briggs cliff jumping!!!.jpg
    Briggs cliff jumping!!!.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 9
  • Cole with brookie.jpg
    Cole with brookie.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Family Photo.jpg
    Family Photo.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 13
  • watching Old Faithful.jpg
    watching Old Faithful.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Wyatt, Rebecca, Lincoln swimming.jpg
    Wyatt, Rebecca, Lincoln swimming.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Total: 23 nights

Got a slow start this year due to building a basement.

April 4-5 transcontinental RR 1 night
April 17-19 Mojave road 3 nights
memorial weekend wandering utah ghost towns in the rain. 3 nights
june 6th-14th 8 nights started in bodie, ca and went down the NV\CA border hitting every ghost town along the way until we hit beatty.
Adding July 1st-5th up at strawberry fishing.
And July 22nd-26th doin the Same thing. Which is 8 more nights. Damn slow year. Lots of day trips tho :)

so i'm at 23 nights now.........

thefirstzukman

Finding Utah
Supporting Member
Total 12 nights

1 - 1/23 lake fork
2 - 1/30 lake fork

Missed Some in here

3 - 7/17 Diamond Fork
4-5 7/25-7/26 Fish Lake
6 - 7/27 Escalante Wide Hollow Res
7 - 7/28 Elk Mountain
8-9 7/29-7/30 Moab
10-11 7/31-8/1 Scofield Res
12 - 8/21 Lake Fork

Ill try to track all my nights this year

Last edited:

thefirstzukman

Finding Utah
Supporting Member
Total 13 nights

1 - 1/23 lake fork
2 - 1/30 lake fork

Missed Some in here

3 - 7/17 Diamond Fork
4-5 7/25-7/26 Fish Lake
7 - 7/28 Elk Mountain
8-9 7/29-7/30 Moab
12 - 8/21 Lake Fork
13 - 8/29 Strawberry

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Total: 13

-1 night in cherry creek
-2 nights off Skyline Dr
-2 nights at yuba lake

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Just back from an overnighter in Murdoch Basin. Here's my tally so far:

1 night in the Silver Island mountains, January.
2 nights on (or near) the White Rim, March.
2 nights in the Swell, March.
3 nights in SW Utah, April.
2 nights on the PET, June.
1 night in the west desert, July.
1 night up Norway Flat, July.
1 night in Murdoch Basin, August.

ID Bronco

Total: 26 Nights
2 Nights at Pine Creek Pass

18-24 Nights - 7 more nights in Yellowstone National Park. I did a lot of animal watching, fishing, and almost no visitor center/store/regulatory things. Staying away from as much of the "regulatory" things as possible made this an extremely awesome experience. First, I have never spent more than two days in a row in Yellowstone. I live 90 miles away and visit a time or two a year but usually just day trips. This was entirely different. First part of the time I had six kids and my wife and I. (one is a friend) That made it fun and the little things were exciting to the kids which made them cooler for us. Second, just my two oldest boys and I fished for a few days alone. That was cool, because we spent a lot of time together and looked at everything from a more grown up view. We got off the beaten path a lot while fishing. It was cool to see things you cannot see from the road.
I learned quite a few things on this trip. First, to see lots of cool animals you have to spend a lot of time in the park. Second, You have to put on a lot of miles to cover it all and to reach the specific rivers/streams and to hit the right hatches on the water. Third, it is totally awesome to be fishing for totally wild cutthroat or brooke trout with bison thirty yards away. (not smart, but very cool) It added a level of ambiance to the experience that I have not found anywhere else. Having a geyser spouting 50 yards away on the bank is a cool experience. None of the fish were big, but they were plentiful and vibrantly colored. For my own records we saw: 10 grizzly bears, 3 wolves, hundreds of bison, Elk, Deer, Geese, Moose, Cranes, Swans, Muskrat, Antelope, Eagles, Osprey, Ravens, Ducks, Squirrels, Gophers, Chipmunks, Cutthroat Trout, Brooke Trout, a toad and tons of other birds I cannot identify. The spotting scope was worth it's weight in gold. Kids love the outdoors and they rejuvenate me! It was a really cool time. I look forward to our back country hike in September there too!

August 27, 28th - 2 nights - Pine Creek Pass - Just threw my tarp, pad and bivvy out. It was a little chilly 42 degrees Friday night. Great fishing up Rainy Creek and Pine Creek, all native Yellowstone cutthroats. Then a motorcycle ride with my Son. The rest of the family was at Cousins Camp so that freed me up to play a little.

Attachments

• nice cutthroat.jpg
    nice cutthroat.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 11
  • My bed spot.jpg
    My bed spot.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 10

ID Bronco

Total: 27 Nights
1 Night - Anderson Mill Canyon dirt biking

August 27, 28th - 2 nights - Pine Creek Pass - Just threw my tarp, pad and bivvy out. It was a little chilly 42 degrees Friday night. Great fishing up Rainy Creek and Pine Creek, all native Yellowstone cutthroats. Then a motorcycle ride with my Son. The rest of the family was at Cousins Camp so that freed me up to play a little.

September 4-5 - 1 Night Anderson Mill Canyon - Riding motorcycles, good times. I forgot how fun forest trails are. Late night arrival, rain showers on us while setting up the tent and no level spots for the tent. When I was sleeping and heard the rain coming down, I was really happy to have the peace of mind that having a quality tent brought. I knew I would not bet wet. Then met up for some grouse hunting too.

Attachments

• Brigham and Andrew.jpg
    Brigham and Andrew.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Camp fire fun.jpg
    Camp fire fun.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Camp.jpg
    Camp.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Brigham with his limit of Grouse!.jpg
    Brigham with his limit of Grouse!.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Scott, Wyatt, Brigham on Grousegateer.jpg
    Scott, Wyatt, Brigham on Grousegateer.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 9

thefirstzukman

Finding Utah
Supporting Member
Total 14 nights

1 - 1/23 lake fork
2 - 1/30 lake fork

Missed Some in here

3 - 7/17 Diamond Fork
4-5 7/25-7/26 Fish Lake
7 - 7/28 Elk Mountain
8-9 7/29-7/30 Moab
12 - 8/21 Lake Fork
13 - 8/29 Strawberry
14 - 9/6 Sheep creek

sixstringsteve

Total: 37

1 night - Jan 2 @ Moab
1 night - Jan 9 @ a yurt in Liberty, ID snowshoeing
1 night - Jan 16 @ Moab
1 night - Jan 30 @ 5th water hot springs backpacking
1 night - Feb 13 @ Wedge Overlook mountain biking
1 night - Feb 20 @ backyard testing a new tent
4 nights - March 12-16 @ White Rim Trail mountain biking
4 nights - March 26-30 @ Canyonlands Figure 8 packrafting trip
4 nights - April 17-21 @ Zion NP 50 mile backpacking
4 nights - May 22-26 @ Salt Creek in the Needles backpacking
1 night - May 29 @ the swell
1 night - June 20 @ Pittsburgh Lake backpacking
3 nights - July 16 @ skyline drive bikepacking
1 night - July 31 @ Dry Creek to Granite Flats backpacking
1 night - Aug 7 @ Lake Hardy backpacking
2 nights - Aug 19-21 @ Tetons
6 nights - Sept 2 - 7 @ Wind Rivers, WY traverse backpacking 90 miles

Total Van nights: 1

Aug 21 @ Lava Hot Springs

Last edited:

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
1 night in the Silver Island mountains, January.
2 nights on (or near) the White Rim, March.
2 nights in the Swell, March.
3 nights in SW Utah, April.
2 nights on the PET, June.
1 night in the west desert, July.
1 night up Norway Flat, July.
1 night in Murdoch Basin, August.
3 nights in Ouray CO, September.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Total: 14

-1 night in cherry creek
-2 nights off Skyline Dr
-2 nights at yuba lake
-1 night lake mountain. Second time in RTT.