Archived 2016 EJS Jeep Concepts

Bart

The 4 door Crew Chief is by far my favorite. I think they'd make a killing if they actually released that with a Hemi and a removable top.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I agree, the Crew Chief is amazing! So is that TrailCat though... and the FC 150! :chris:

I doubt any of these will ever see production, but I bet Jeep loves hearing the feedback and probably takes some ideas from these concepts for future builds.

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
I agree, the Crew Chief is amazing! So is that TrailCat though... and the FC 150! :chris:

I doubt any of these will ever see production, but I bet Jeep loves hearing the feedback and probably takes some ideas from these concepts for future builds.

I have a feeling that we are seeing the front end at least of Jeep's new truck. This marks two trucks with that front end, and it will be a welcome addition to the line up without being a Brute doublecab copy. This 715 shows that they can bring the same thing to a double cab that they brought with the single cab.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Got to see these in person, the Crew Chief is my favorite for sure! Love the size of the thing, seems like it would make a great production Jeep! :eek:

i-Csf7jXP-X2.jpg

i-CdBRHxH-X2.jpg

i-F2d6RdH-X2.jpg

i-JKZFFCq-X2.jpg

i-vpJVDNr-X2.jpg

i-NdZWnHQ-X2.jpg

i-Xd69tHx-X2.jpg

Then there was the Shortcut... simple, beautiful!

i-C5ZDRMz-X2.jpg

i-xZvfgSL-X2.jpg

i-bJgnjtW-X2.jpg

And the beefy TrailCat! I wish I could have heard this thing running!

i-2K7HrNW-X2.jpg

i-XRpT3R5-X2.jpg

i-sBWr8tk-X2.jpg

i-BcLctx8-X2.jpg

There was also the TrailStorm.-

i-F6KhNwK-X2.jpg

i-cwtmHcj-X2.jpg

And finally, the Red Rock edition JKU, #1 of 50... which they're giving away right now! :freak:

i-rTznLRD-X2.jpg

i-sdwLXkR-X2.jpg

Houndoc

Crew Cheif is very cool.

As a commuter/lighter duty rig would actually like the Renegade-based Comanche (must be the horse/ranch owner in me that draws me to the trucks.)

Not sure I see the point of the Shortcut.

phatfoto

Giver of bad advice
The Shortcut, top me, harkens back to a simpler Jeep, like the CJ5. Simple, no extra frills, could be inexpensive to build, and might sell... I do like the looks of the Renegade based Comanche. It seems well proportioned. But the Crewchief makes me drool....

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
The shortcut was made to look like an old MB jeep. it had styling cues from the earlier days The rims, the roll bar, the front bumper all MB.

sixstringsteve

The crew chief is wicked, but my favorite is the renegade puckup. The US needs a cheap, small, simple pickup. I know everyone wants 4 doors these days, but that could be the new samurai/toyota minitruck. I was hoping scion would come out with an economic 4x4 truck, but in don't see that happening ever.

Some of my favorite wheeling trips were in small rigs that weren't built to the hilt. A JK on 35s can do 95% of the trails in Moab quite easily.

Last edited:

Kevin B.

Big hippy
What tires are those on the Crew Chief?

The Shortcut and Crew Chief are sweet. The Renegade and Comanche pickup are horrible.

Last edited: