2016 YZ250....X!!

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I'd totally own one if it had 50 more CC's and a hydraulic clutch and a bigger gas tank and better brakes and electric start and a headlight. And came stock with handguards. And an air filter that I could change without tools. And Billet triple clamps. And an odometer and a speedometer.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I'd totally own one if it had 50 more CC's and a hydraulic clutch and a bigger gas tank and better brakes and electric start and a headlight. And came stock with handguards. And an air filter that I could change without tools. And Billet triple clamps. And an odometer and a speedometer.

At least you're not picky! ;)

Caleb

You forgot, and it had an option of orange plastics... :D

Cascadia

Undecided
And the fewer dealers, fewer available parts, more expensive parts, lousy dealer service, and fan boy patches ;)
I think there are plenty of Ktm and husky dealers. 4-5 in a state is enough for me. I have never looked for a part i couldn’t get within a day. I don’t mind the higher price for the quality. All the generic parts are all the same price for every brand. Who needs dealer service when you do your own stuff and have dudes like a Jesse at The Dirt Lab. I see far more yamaha fanboy stickers than Ktm. Oh, and my bike has changed more than just graphics probably every year since 08. How bout yours?

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I think there are plenty of Ktm and husky dealers. 4-5 in a state is enough for me. I have never looked for a part i couldn’t get within a day. I don’t mind the higher price for the quality. All the generic parts are all the same price for every brand. Who needs dealer service when you do your own stuff and have dudes like a Jesse at The Dirt Lab. I see far more yamaha fanboy stickers than Ktm. Oh, and my bike has changed more than just graphics probably every year since 08. How bout yours?

My bike hasn't even had the oil changed since '08 ;)

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I love my orange bike but, if the blue ones came with an E start I'd have a full on moral dilemma.

I haven't puked after a desert race yet though and everyone I know that rides blue or blue/white/yellow has. Coincidence? Maybe it's the orange Kool aide that keeps me hydrated.

rholbrook

I love my orange bike but, if the blue ones came with an E start I'd have a full on moral dilemma.

I haven't puked after a desert race yet though and everyone I know that rides blue or blue/white/yellow has. Coincidence? Maybe it's the orange Kool aide that keeps me hydrated.

I'm with Chad on this. The only problem is for 2018, the suspension on the KTMs are actually chosen over the Yamaha in most of the mags I read. They are claiming the handling is better and Yamaha has been caught napping. My grandson has been telling me he wants a YELLOW dirtbike. Noooooo, I tell him. Either Orange or Blue. Now he says Orange because his cousins have Orange. By the way, I haven't even been close to puking before, after or during a race. I don't get butterflies for things like that. Never had.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I'm with Chad on this. The only problem is for 2018, the suspension on the KTMs are actually chosen over the Yamaha in most of the mags I read. They are claiming the handling is better and Yamaha has been caught napping. My grandson has been telling me he wants a YELLOW dirtbike. Noooooo, I tell him. Either Orange or Blue. Now he says Orange because his cousins have Orange. By the way, I haven't even been close to puking before, after or during a race. I don't get butterflies for things like that. Never had.
You can get yellow Yamaha plastics.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
You can get yellow plastics for ktm’s too. I have been super impressed with my aer forks on my 17 350 xc. Not sure if they changed at all for 2018. I still haven’t ridden my new bike or even sat on it. I did touch it once. Maybe soon.
Suspension and cost are the only two reasons I'd go back to blue so its good to know the new ktm forks are better. I do have the worst KTM fork so it would be hard to get worse. Im with Stratton on the hydro clutch and the easy button too. But $7k vs $9.5k you can put a lot of cool parts on a YZX and be less than the ktm.
I think you could do flex bars, suspension, desert tank, graphics and a Magura clutch on a Yz for less than the purchase price of a ktm. Just a thought.