2020 Gladiator build

Agility Customs

Vendor
Is he leaving the stock axles? 4 digits of horsepower and 40’s seems like it might spell trouble.

We are leaving the stock axles, Ultimately like everything its the customers call. He said when they break we will upgrade. So we are about to see how strong gladiator rubicon axles really are. I am going to go out on a limb and say as long as he is in high range the axles will survive.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Do the front axles seem beefier than on the JK/JL platforms? Maybe the upgraded the tubes on the JL's and I'm just not up to date. :cool:

Caleb

Do the front axles seem beefier than on the JK/JL platforms? Maybe the upgraded the tubes on the JL's and I'm just not up to date. :cool:
I might be mistaken but in doing research for my wife's JL, I thought I remembered reading the tubes were upgraded??? I will say I am impressed by the size of the tierod/track bars...way beefier than what I remember any of my other jeeps having.

Jay5.9L

...I just filled the cup.
If I remember correctly the JL axles are beefier than the JK but the R&P is a little smaller. Rubi axles are a bit wider (heard but not verified) and the gladiator rear axle is beefier than the JL to get the tow rating. So there are several levels of improvement between the JK rear and the JT.

Caleb

The axles are much beefier than the JK axles, Both internally and externally.

Came across this image today. This is JK D44 on the left vs. JL D44 on the right.
img_20190620_082443363-jpg.194380

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I figured they would have to beef up the rear axle to survive much towing at the rated weight. The outer knuckle is a weak point, but remedies are on the way for that.

Mouse

Trying to wheel
Supporting Member
I read that the JT axles were 1 inch wider than the JLs. Might be something to look at it considering using stock wheels on the other platform

DAA

So, here's a question then. The Rubicon JL axles are 1.5" wider than non Rubi JL axles. Are the JT axles 1" wider than the Rubi JL's? Are the Rubi JT axles wider than the non Rubi JT's?

I was barely able to keep track of TJ vs. JK D44's :D.

- DAA

Agility Customs

Vendor
according the phone call we had with him, everything was and about on the 12th burnout the suspensions hopped and then everything cut loose. IMO even a 35 spline shaft with that kind of horsepower and hopping with a 40" tire would be in jeopardy... But after this we are doing new axles though and all axles will be built!!!