Ford 2021 Ford Bronco

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I saw this today. Looks like people are going to have to wait a little longer... again...

I saw a news article about several thousand Ford trucks filling the parking lot at Kentucky Motor Speedway as storage. When they get chips for the computers, they pull some in run them through the tests then ship them.

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight
Still on deposit mode.
Have you decided what your configuration will be? I'm looking at Base, sasquatch, 2.7, hard top. MSRP at $45k, feels like a lot of good stuff for the money.

Although I just read that the transmission will actually be same as the explorer, not the bigger unit from the f150/Expedition, so that is a shame.

Houndoc

Have you decided what your configuration will be? I'm looking at Base, sasquatch, 2.7, hard top. MSRP at $45k, feels like a lot of good stuff for the money.

Although I just read that the transmission will actually be same as the explorer, not the bigger unit from the f150/Expedition, so that is a shame.
Very much my thoughts at this point as well.

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
Will they actually be available for $45k though? Does the pre-order guarantee your price - or will they be marked up due to demand?

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Will they actually be available for $45k though? Does the pre-order guarantee your price - or will they be marked up due to demand?
Ford would be smart to require dealers to either sell them at MSRP or limit the dealer markup. BUT, I'm willing to bet they wont and the dealers will mark these suckers up as high as they can regardless of if you have a pre-order or not.

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight
I'm super tight with the GSM at Ken Garff ford in AF. So he won't hose me, not sure about you other suckers.

Broadly speaking though, I know Ford as a policy doesn't want to see dealers marking things up too much. They have policies and personnel in place to clamp down on that, as far as regular vehicles are concerned. 50th yr anniversary mustangs, for example, that only a handful of dealers in the state even got allocation on, get marked up like crazy.

1993yj

Ford would be smart to require dealers to either sell them at MSRP or limit the dealer markup. BUT, I'm willing to bet they wont and the dealers will mark these suckers up as high as they can regardless of if you have a pre-order or not.
Pre order does not guarantee any pricing. Dealers are free to markup as they want, and even whether or not to honor special pricing like X-plan. There is a form on Bronco6G forum that is listing out what each dealer is supposedly doing in regards to markup. The UT Ford dealers are across the board with some showing they will markup.

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight
Doesn't seem much different than I would have expected.
Same. 17 all round with 315's is only surprising to people who have never had them. With my f150 on 34's I averaged 17ish, although I got into the boost more and more as time went on. When I bought the truck I was all about how many mpg's I could coax out of the truck, almost for the novelty of it. But soon it was sport mode only, change the digital gauge away from mpg readings and smile because you had 36 gallons from the factory, so even mad dogging it everywhere I still got mid 500 miles per fill-up.

Remind me why I drive a tundra?