Ford 2021 Ford Bronco

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin

Reckless driver manages to break bronco tie rod/rack. This is not how Ford intended this to be used, way too extreme

I get that Ford is offering an upgrade, but how many people are going to break their Bronco on the trail and have a bad experience getting it off the trail and into the shop? That breakdown would put a pretty sour taste in my mouth about the build quality of a brand new Bronco, if I were a buyer.

I'd hope Ford realizes how poorly built the steering components are, to the point they decide to beef up the parts on the production line and keep this from happening.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I get that Ford is offering an upgrade, but how many people are going to break their Bronco on the trail and have a bad experience getting it off the trail and into the shop? That breakdown would put a pretty sour taste in my mouth about the build quality of a brand new Bronco, if I were a buyer.
This x1000000000. Steering is THE WORST thing to break on the trail.

N-Smooth

So a Ford factory sponsored Bronco running King of the Hammers doesn't project the expectation that this vehicle is offroad worthy?
I could see how that would confuse the average person that doesn't realize they're almost definitely not running stock steering.

RustEoldtrux

RustEoldtrux
I'm sure they didn't use much, if any, stock steering and suspension parts, but running the King of the Hammers with a stockish looking Bronco does give the impression that they should be offroad worthy. Ford should have expected buyers to use Broncos for more than grocery getters and built them stronger.

N-Smooth

I'm sure they didn't use much, if any, stock steering and suspension parts, but running the King of the Hammers with a stockish looking Bronco does give the impression that they should be offroad worthy. Ford should have expected buyers to use Broncos for more than grocery getters and built them stronger.
I agree, especially considering that they have lockers, electric swaybar discos and trail turning or whatever they call that stuff. I think it should be a recall and the bean counter that Herzog mentioned should be fired :rofl:

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
Clever and cheap fix! It would be interesting to see if that actually solves the problem long term.

Edit: What? 349.00 for a UHMW bushing? :rofl:
I was expecting something a little more elaborate for $349. Looks like a PVC reducer.

Their splint is made out of aluminum, looks machined, doesn't look like something left over from putting in a sprinkler system.

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight
I’m definitely not as knowledgeable as y’all on this type of thing- does their tie rod splint look like it would actually do the trick?

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
Here's the official Bronco Raptor video from Ford.

A few tech specs from that vid:
- 60% increased front wheel travel, 40% increased rear.
- 3.0L twin turbo, targeting 400+ HP
- Fox 3.1 shocks
- Swaybar disconnect available at higher speeds
- Ford performance competition axles. (I'm curious to know more about this)
- 37" tires