Ford 2021 Ford Bronco

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Here's the official Bronco Raptor video from Ford.

A few tech specs from that vid:
- 60% increased front wheel travel, 40% increased rear.
- 3.0L twin turbo, targeting 400+ HP
- Fox 3.1 shocks
- Swaybar disconnect available at higher speeds
- Ford performance competition axles. (I'm curious to know more about this)
- 37" tires

I missed the disclaimer about how many tie-rods were used during the filming of that commercial

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
Some good info in that video. :cool:
- rear axle upgraded to a dana 50
- 14" rear suspension travel, 13" front
- active exhaust system
- tow capacity upgraded to 4500 lbs

No mention of any changes to the front axle and steering.

- active exhaust system

THis is was amazes me tho about ford, or any engineer team. You can come up with killer parts and innovations...yet you pick a fender flare style that looks reminiscent of Jeep YJ renegade body kit. Like oooo lets do the GOAT mode so people can rock crawl.....but use a rack and tie rod from a escape

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight
- active exhaust system

An electric-power steering rack and housing influenced by F-150 Raptor, as well as larger-diameter inner and outer tie rod ends, were added to further upgrade Bronco Raptor.

The solid rear axle is upgraded to a semi-float Dana 50™ Heavy-Duty AdvanTEK® with 235-millimeter ring gear, while the Dana 44™ AdvanTEK front-drive unit includes upgraded half-shafts with 210-millimeter ring gear. These upgraded front and rear axles increase the track width by 8.6 inches (73.6 inches versus 65.0 inches) over a base Bronco for even more sure-footed confidence. Larger front and rear driveshafts support increased wheel torque.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
An electric-power steering rack and housing influenced by F-150 Raptor, as well as larger-diameter inner and outer tie rod ends, were added to further upgrade Bronco Raptor.

The solid rear axle is upgraded to a semi-float Dana 50™ Heavy-Duty AdvanTEK® with 235-millimeter ring gear, while the Dana 44™ AdvanTEK front-drive unit includes upgraded half-shafts with 210-millimeter ring gear. These upgraded front and rear axles increase the track width by 8.6 inches (73.6 inches versus 65.0 inches) over a base Bronco for even more sure-footed confidence. Larger front and rear driveshafts support increased wheel torque.

That's pretty wide. I think my Chev D60 full width is 69.5" if I remember correctly?

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Ford rolled out the Bronco Everglades edition yesterday, just in case you wanted a factory installed snorkel.

Hardcore car campers everywhere:

pointing-leonardo-di-caprio.gif

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
So one thing I saw in the snorkel details is you could move the intake from the front to the back on the snorkel to avoid dust
Besides, the big items we mentioned above are actually pretty impressive. Along with enabling a higher water fording depth (36.4 inches, up from 33.5"), it features a reversible intake. The panels on the front and back of the snorkel's upper section can be reversed, meaning the air inlet can be positioned to face either forward or rearward. The former will work just fine for normal conditions, but the rearward setup is ideal if you expect to pull a lot of dust or other particulates into the air intake. A snorkel on the roof may seem like it should allow for more than an additional three inches of water fording, but the fact of the matter is that the air intake position is only part of the equation. Both axles, the transfer case and the transmission were also modified with raised vents.

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight
I can't wait to see a YouTuber a the Everglades Edition Bronco into the everglades.

Where do they come up with these names?
I think they’ve done a good job with some of the trim names. Badlands, outer banks, big bend, Everglades. Very appropriate for the vehicle brand, very outdoor, rugged, adventure oriented. The ones I can’t stand are Sasquatch and Raptor. Are we 12? Gag. Thank the almighty that Bronco Warthog never ended up getting green lighted.

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight
Welp, my bronco is built and shipped. Estimated delivery of 3/11.
I went with the base model, added 2.7 engine, 4 door, hard top, auxiliary switches, and Sasquatch package. Should come in just under $45k, which seems like good value. I already picked up some OEM sliders for $150.

I was actually pretty happy with my gladiator rubicon, just not for a daily. Cost to get into a two door wrangler rubicon was just too much, so I went bronco. If it disappoints I figure I can sell it and make enough to offset the extra cost of the Jeep. But I’m feeling good about the bronco at this point, seeing as I’m the least Rocky Mountain Extreme 4x4er here, so the tie rods should have a long and happy life.

rholbrook

The Bronco I ordered and sold was pretty stripped down. When I drove it I was bugged by how tall the fenders in the front were trying to see over the hood to the both sides. After spending a bit driving it, I got used to it. I was very underwhelmed by the interior of the nearly STANDARD Bronco. My JKU I felt was a much better vehicle. My BIL ordered a Bronco all loaded up and I drove it a few weeks ago. It was really nice to drive but it had all the creature comforts that my 2022 F150 Lariat had. I am actually waiting for the email saying I can order the Bronco Raptor and I will get one of those coming.