2022 Ford Lightning. F150 EV

RockChucker

I heard about the bronco problem. It’s a supply chain issue due to chip shortages. Sounds like new car demand waned during the initial parts of the pandemic and manufacturers cut their orders for components. Then the demand came on rapidly and the auto manufacturer supply chains couldn’t handle it because many of the electronic components requiring chips have a 7-8 month manufacture time from raw silicon parts to finished subcomponents for a car. Pretty wild and arguably auto manufacturers kind of shot themselves in the foot with reducing orders on their supply chain for parts with long lead times.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Sounds like new car demand waned during the initial parts of the pandemic and manufacturers cut their orders for components. Then the demand came on rapidly and the auto manufacturer supply chains couldn’t handle it because many of the electronic components requiring chips have a 7-8 month manufacture time from raw silicon parts to finished

This is the same thing that happened with lumber.

rholbrook

If you haven't drive the new POWERBOOST, don't. They haul ass. The dealer told me they have a faster 0-60 than the Raptor. I believe it. I went to order a new powerboost and was told that the order portal was shut down until they can get chips. What are all the GM trucks doing at the Newspaper Agency building in Salt Lake? No chips?

1993yj

My biggest question with the Lightning is going to be specs, especially range when towing. It doesn't seem like Ford plans to market this as a performance street truck like they did with the old Lightning since it looks like it will have the same cab configurations as the current F150, but if range when loaded is only 200 miles I think that they will have a hard time selling them. If the reluctance of the average American to buy an EV is range, because one day they might want to take a cross country trip (even though they never have before), then the average truck owner will really have a hard time making the switch to a vehicle that has to stop 1-2 times between SLC and St. George with each stop being min. 45 mins. to recharge.