2022 Toyota Landcruiser - LC300

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
I found another article that said it's not slated for the U.S. or Canada though.
Bummer, I've loved every previous generation of Land Cruiser.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Looks like a nice car, should make some Saudi prince very happy. Of course, I, John Gottfredson, have not been the target demographic for land cruiser's design team for a few decades, so I don't feel a big loss. I wish land cruiser all the best in it's next endeavor.

I know you've owned a few (or more?) 100/470's. Do you feel you weren't a target demographic for those?

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I don’t even want to know the price tag 🤣😣

I suspect we'll see the global spec 300's start in the $60k range and go up to $100-110k for super high trim packages with the diesel. So really not too different than the previous models, spot on with inflation. Interestingly the LC hasn't really gone up in price so much as continued to adjust to inflation. Fwiw the 1997 FZJ80 had an MSRP of $41,188 so around $75k in 2021 bucks, and with extimated 8-10% inflation this year, that may be $80k. You could buy a brand new low trim LX570 for $78k just a year or two ago. I bet the LX variant is priced in the $105-120k range. Jury is out if we'll get the dual lockers in the LX model.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I suspect we'll see the global spec 300's start in the $60k range and go up to $100-110k for super high trim packages with the diesel. So really not too different than the previous models, spot on with inflation. Interestingly the LC hasn't really gone up in price so much as continued to adjust to inflation. Fwiw the 1997 FZJ80 had an MSRP of $41,188 so around $75k in 2021 bucks, and with extimated 8-10% inflation this year, that may be $80k. You could buy a brand new low trim LX570 for $78k just a year or two ago. I bet the LX variant is priced in the $105-120k range. Jury is out if we'll get the dual lockers in the LX model.

I bought my first house for $85k 😳

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
And I bought my first vehicle (1968 FJ40) for $1500... both are worth significantly more now. Short of one of us having a time machine, I’m not sure what difference that makes on modern vehicle prices. :D

It means that I am an old grouchy man, who clings to my 0.25 candy bars, $1.00 gal gas, and cheap homes! If it weren't for cheap skates like me inflation would happen quicker ;)

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight
I know you've owned a few (or more?) 100/470's. Do you feel you weren't a target demographic for those?
Like you said, adjusted for inflation, price has always been in the $70-80k range. That's probably a clue that they're not targeting mid-late 30s dudes. Only way I could afford them was wait for sloppy seconds cruisers with 100k on the clock.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Question I have about the possibility of importing one. Would you still have to wait the 25 years for the total LC since the lx version would be here already would would have gone through the testing? I'd assume yes but figured I'd ask.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Like you said, adjusted for inflation, price has always been in the $70-80k range. That's probably a clue that they're not targeting mid-late 30s dudes. Only way I could afford them was wait for sloppy seconds cruisers with 100k on the clock.

I really don’t know if Toyotas ever marketed the Land Cruiser to that age group. That said I’m shocked by the number of customers we have that have bought them new in that age range.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Question I have about the possibility of importing one. Would you still have to wait the 25 years for the total LC since the lx version would be here already would would have gone through the testing? I'd assume yes but figured I'd ask.

as best we know, yes 25 years. That said if the engine, emissions and safety items all are built to be within spec, it may take less. I doubt they’ll put DOT stamps on every part like they will the Lexus however