203/Dana 300 Doubler

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
FYI I emailed W.M.S and this was their responce:

We do offer the dual case adapter for the Dana 300 to NP 203. The standard adapter is 3" face to face and clocked to your specs for $750.00. Our custom short adapter is 1.750" face to face and runs $900.00. Please let me know if you have anymore questions or would like to place an order.

NICE!!!!:cool:

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Boy.....they want money for that stuff.....That's not quite enough to cover an Atlas, but just enough to make you think about it. Cool stuff, though....Is the CJ-5 kind of coming together?

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Ya, that seems to be the going rate for any doubler you want...

If you look at the 4:1 kit for the Dana 300 @ $800.00 it seems reasonable. Plus the doubler give alot move options for gears, and later down the road I can add the 4:1 kit to the dana 300 give the t case an optional 8:1:eek:

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Originally posted by Shawn
Ya, that seems to be the going rate for any doubler you want...

If you look at the 4:1 kit for the Dana 300 @ $800.00 it seems reasonable. Plus the doubler give alot move options for gears, and later down the road I can add the 4:1 kit to the dana 300 give the t case an optional 8:1:eek:

That is a particulary intriguing idea.......:eek: :eek: :eek: A healthy engine, you could run some fairly mild gears (4.56 or 4.88) and still have a really nice crawl ratio (s) available with some decent sized tires (37-39") while still being 'streetable'. Nice ideas.....do you mind if I copy them in my ongoing quest for the ultimate street/trail rig?

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Originally posted by troutbum
so did you place an order???

Not at this point.

It will be a bit longer, but I will let you know when I'm ready and like you said we can see if they will cut us a deal.

Andy

aka. Hollywood
Originally posted by Shawn
I plan on running 4:10 gears in the axles to maintain a stroger pinion.

You would be suprised how strong a D44 5.13 pinion is, it held up and the D60 teeth fractured first in the rear diff. Oh wait that was because the front end was hardly ever on the ground.:D