.22 supressor

mesha

By endurance we conquer
I am looking at getting a .22lr suppressor. Can anyone offer advice? I don't anything about them other than they are awesome and I need to buy in advance and pay the tax and wait.

brands to buy
brands to avoid
where to buy
where to avoid
other stuff I need to know

DAA

So a little bit more on your questions Davy.

I've bought local through Impact, online through Silencer Shop and local direct from Silencerco (buddy deal, one of my coyote hunting buddies is on their Pro Staff...).

With Impact, I got to hold my suppressor, then pay for it and file all my paperwork with them, say goodbye to it until my tax stamp cleared, then go pick it up.

Same with Silencerco, except, mine hadn't been made yet when I bought it - but since they are the mfg, they had a serial number to put on the paperwork and get it started immediately.

Silencer Shop, I did most of it online then had to go pick it up from a local transfer agent and pay him like $20.

I can't say any of them were any easier or better. But doing a one stop, locally, as long as the price is competitive, is as good a way to go as any.

I bought my first couple on a trust. But the rules have changed since then, making it perhaps faster and easier to buy as an individual. You now have to get photos and fingerprints for everyone on the trust, vs. just for you as an individual. So, my last one, I just did as an individual.

Looking around just now, my SiCo Spectre has been discontinued and replaced by the Switchback.

The other two I'd suggest, but don't own, are:

The Thunderbeast .22 Takedown

The Dead Air Mask

I own Silencerco and TBAC cans. If I had to give a nod between the two, I'd probably say TBAC. My TBAC Ultra 7 is quieter than my SiCo Omega 300. But SiCo has a super good rep for customer service and quality, so, don't think you can go wrong with either.

The Dead Air Mask has a great reputation and was actually my first choice, but, it wasn't in stock anywhere, so I went with the SiCo Spectre II and have no regrets - it has been a great little can.

For a rimfire can, I think you do want a takedown design, for cleaning. Rimfire ammo is filthy and the can will need periodic cleaning. All three of the above are takedown.

Silencer Shop is where I bought my first one and is a good all around resource for information and launching deeper research from.

- DAA

mesha

By endurance we conquer
I have been looking at the sparrow and the switchback. I think when I get a chance I will run down to the local place that carries them and check them out side by side. I like the fanciness of the switchback, but the simplicity of the sparrow is attractive.