35's on a TJ

P

pokeyYJ

Help!!! I have a frieng with a 98 TJ. He has put a Teraflex four inch long arm lift, and a one inch body. He also recently put 35's on, and now the problem is that when he gets flexed out the tires hit the fenders hard! He doesn't want the flares or fenders to get bent, (its a Sahara), but he doesn't want to give up any flex. Does any body have any ideas how to cure this problem, I only know YJ's and can't really help him?
P.S. the tires are 35 12.50 R15 BFG Mud terrain KM's

P

pokeyYJ

The rims are the American Racing Black rims, they are ten inches wide and I tink that they are 3 1/4 backspacing but im not sure on the backspacing

HOLY SH!T.:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

A 15x10 w/ 3.25" of backspacing would be enough rim to mount a 44x15 Bogger on, no wonder they won't fit. I would HIGHLY suggest that your buddy sells those things and gets a 15x8" with 4"-4.5" of backspacing in order to keep the tires tucked. It will look 100000000x better too, IMHO.

I bet those things hang a good 3' outside the fenders huh?:eek: :D

P

pokeyYJ

I told my friend about getting new rims, so that the tires don't hit. He said that he liked the way the tires stuck out and wanted to know if anybody had come up with a way to quickly disconnect the stock fender flares. Thanks for the advise about the rims.

Well, I think he needs to either get some new wheels, or go ahead and cut off whatever the 35s claim they don't need.:D If he is dead set on those wheels, then he needs to leave his sway bars on, or take a sawzall to the fenders and hack some flatties on to it. Either that, or go get some larger bumpstops, but then you're hendering flex and you might as well not even have lifted it.

Just my $1.00 worth.:D Hope you guys can decide what to do.