3D Printer Liberator Plans?

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
So just curious if anyone has done this?
I opened it with Cura and on the frame file I get an itsy bitsy 5.2x3.5x1.6mm object. Is Cura just doing something bizarre with this? I haven't tried another slicer yet.

So think I figured out my issue, plans are in inches and cura does everything by mm. Got to figure out how to scale 25.4mm to the inch.

Last edited:

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
What printer do you have?

I'd probably print it first at like 10-20% infill to see if the printer will even do it well enough to put it together. It either takes an expensive printer or a cheap one that has been dialed in like crazy to get a print of a gun that I'd even start to consider firing. Tolerances are important for any print that has multiple parts that need to fit together.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
I've got a Creality Ender 3x, I've only had it about a month. I'm still on the learning side of 3D printing. This is more of something to entertain me at this point than anything else. I've found printing to be something relaxing to me, I love the mechanical prints I've printed a ton of Flexi-rex and bearings just because they entertain me.

I hit go on a print at 80% infill for the frame. so far I'm in it 5 and a half hours, and just because it's entertaining I'm going to try and do it red, white and blue. :D

liberator.jpg

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
It's not a liberator, but if you need some Glock 17/19 magazines you can now print your own, just need to buy a spring

(currently printing will update in a bit).