4.7 Stroker Burnout

B

Bustedjeep

As much HP and TQ as she has now, she passed emissions! And I have to run octane boost for 95 octane. Love it!

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
Did you tune it yourself or take it to a dyno ? My stroker is running a lot better after adjusting the fuel pressure and adjusting the MAP a bit but I think it could use a bit more tuning. I installed a wide band AFR on it which helped a lot.

B

Bustedjeep

Did you tune it yourself or take it to a dyno ? My stroker is running a lot better after adjusting the fuel pressure and adjusting the MAP a bit but I think it could use a bit more tuning. I installed a wide band AFR on it which helped a lot.
HI Dave. I tuned it by ear and how it responds to the loud peddle. Only thing I wish it had was more vacum. I need to get a wide band afr

thenag

I am going to the dyno again today. The most noticeable difference on mine was to advance the ignition timing. We will see what gains that gets me, I also think I got my exhaust all sealed up. For my 99 to advance the timing I had to modify the crank position sensor mount, basically you move it toward TDC as far as possible and you get about 5 degrees of advance. Mine is running great now, although at 5600lbs I don't dare try a burnout like in the original post (I can see my d300 yoke or my 1310CV blow up when I drop the clutch). From the dealership a 99 XJ did 0-60 in just over 9 seconds, my 1.0L Fiesta does 60 in 7.5 seconds so XJ's were never quick.

I am also running the Ford fuel injectors which work out to be about 15% larger than the OEM ones and 4.6 is about 15% larger than 4.0...

Nathan

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
I'm also running the 24 lb/hr Ford injectors but had pinging issues until I raised the fuel pressure and adjusted the MAP sensor voltage. I am still getting a slight ping if I lug it at low RPMs.

thenag

I am going to the dyno again today. The most noticeable difference on mine was to advance the ignition timing. We will see what gains that gets me, I also think I got my exhaust all sealed up. For my 99 to advance the timing I had to modify the crank position sensor mount, basically you move it toward TDC as far as possible and you get about 5 degrees of advance. Mine is running great now, although at 5600lbs I don't dare try a burnout like in the original post (I can see my d300 yoke or my 1310CV blow up when I drop the clutch). From the dealership a 99 XJ did 0-60 in just over 9 seconds, my 1.0L Fiesta does 60 in 7.5 seconds so XJ's were never quick.

I am also running the Ford fuel injectors which work out to be about 15% larger than the OEM ones and 4.6 is about 15% larger than 4.0...

Nathan

Well I am not happy with my dyno numbers, I gained 2hp with the timing advance and getting my exhaust sealed up. 137hp at rear wheels. It is weird it is running so much better, I can pull my heavy xj out in traffic and not feel like I am accelerating in a golf cart.

They did say that my Air Fuel Mixture was high (which it has always been right on) So either tricking the timing caused the A/F to run rich or when I played with rotating my distributor the fuel timing is now hosed. They also said that the air temperature (which was like 40) would affect the A/F mixture.

At this point mine is running pretty dang good, I will spend money and effort on other things, outboarding rear shocks, teraflex dual rate swaybar,

B

Bustedjeep

1 thing that really seemed to help out on power, is the Painless Wiring 68mm throttle body. It pulls alot of air! And a 6 into 1 header with 2.5" collector. All 2.5 pipe through a Magnaflow cat and a Flowmaster 40 Series Delta Flow Muffler. With that said, I need to bump the fuel pressure a bit.

thenag

1 thing that really seemed to help out on power, is the Painless Wiring 68mm throttle body. It pulls alot of air! And a 6 into 1 header with 2.5" collector. All 2.5 pipe through a Magnaflow cat and a Flowmaster 40 Series Delta Flow Muffler. With that said, I need to bump the fuel pressure a bit.

Your 2.5 exhaust all the way back that is nice, with my suspension and axles I am lucky that mine is as big as 2.25 inch all the way back. So I don't know that a throttle body would help me much. I do have a 2000-2001 banks header but that was required to get my exhaust routed decently.

Nathan

B

Bustedjeep

Your 2.5 exhaust all the way back that is nice, with my suspension and axles I am lucky that mine is as big as 2.25 inch all the way back. So I don't know that a throttle body would help me much. I do have a 2000-2001 banks header but that was required to get my exhaust routed decently.

Nathan

Oh you went multilink. That would make it hard to fit bigger pipe. I thought about 3" pipe, but didn't want to lose bottom end torque.