4-Wheel Jamboree - Utah?

Nixter

on the road again...
Who would be interested in a 4-Wheel Jamboree? ESPN2 just aired the 'rockcrawling' section of that event that took place in Indiana last summer. Wonder how hard it would be to convince that organization to do it here? We could have it Rocky Mtn Raceway. Monster Trucks, Off-Road Racing, Show-n-Shine, Rockcrawling. Think about it. They could do it all right on the race track ( for those that have been to Rky Mtn )

Hmmmmm:confused: :D :confused: :D

Nixter

on the road again...
I sent an email. Will see what happens from that. It looks like there 2002 schedule is good to go. But maybe 2003? Who knows. I agree with you. I bet we are a larger city than most of where those events are held. And hey, if we dont screw up the Olympx, that might be to our advantage.

Anyone????

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
I am down with it. I have talked to steve at bozo's who runs one of the trains at RMR to ask abo making a mud pit back behind (south) of the circle track. He says that RMR is kinda anal about modifying there prestene track to make it so that other events can come in. Why do you think that monstertrucks only goes there a few times. what two seperate times at two days each? No motocross, barely snowmobilles and stuff on the strait. There has been talk of utah clubs getting together and doing stuff. I know that the last time eric (offroadexposure) and I talked he said if there was enough turnout that he'd come do it.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
It would be sweet, and, close to home. I wish we could get a version of the badlands offroad park in the valley. Would you rather pay 28 bucks to go to Lagoon, or go rockcrawling 10 miles from your house for the same price?

Nixter

on the road again...
The Badlands would be cool. Then you could get season passes to go rockcrawling. :D

I wonder if the Layton Bros. would be willing to entertain an event like this. I bet it would bring in big dollars.

I agree on the take about the monster tucks. BTW, have you ever been to a race when it's not a holiday? The crowds are a lot smaller. I think if it's done right, it could work. Will see if they respond to my email. :D :p ( We can always dream right?)

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
I've been dreaming of an ORV park out west somewhere for years. 15acres and some backhoes. Beg the cunstruction guys to dump there waste dirt and rocks at your place. It has to be gotten rid of somewhere. Just get bigger and bigger through the years. Commercial property is $$$$