For Sale '48 Willys CJ3B/2A 'the Bastard'

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Asking Price
$2500
Condition
Used
Going to make this official... please don't hijack the thread with shitty comments. Listing my project, as I've out grown my plans. This is a builder project, for sure. Plenty of options to make it yours and build it how you like. No engine/transmission/t-case/axles/tires or wheels included. No seats either. This is for the body, frame & roll cage.

Build Thread - https://www.rme4x4.com/threads/willys-crawler-2-0-aka-the-bastard.117777/

The tub is technically a CJ3B High Hood, which means the cowl is 4" taller than a CJ2A, etc Low Hood Flatty. BUT, it is set up with CJ2A hood, grill and fenders. So it looks like a normal Flatty to the untrained eye, but provides more interior height and legroom. The tub has been stretched 8" at the door, the hood and fenders have been stretched 3" to make more room for a bigger engine. The rear wheel wells have been Comp Cut, making room for additional wheelbase and bigger tires. It has beefy plate rocker panel protection and quarter panel armor. It has cutouts for 4" round LED brake lights. The tub needs to be patched up, I cut out part of the floor on both sides to move the seats back, started to build the patch panels but didn't finish. The PO did most of the work to the tub. The body is bolted to the frame at this point.

The frame is very heavy duty, built from 2" x 4" x 3/16" steel tubing. It has a big Z in the front and a smaller Z out back. Joints are plated & gusseted. The frame is built to match the body, similar width to a original Flatty frame. The front and rear bumpers are built into it, as well as recovery points. There is enough room built into the frame to add a winch mount.

The roll cage is built using 1 5/8" DOM tubing, with a couple pieces of HREW inside the B pillar. It's 90% done, needs some finish welding and a couple gussets added.

i-sdP7H3F-X2.jpg

i-95JNx32-X2.jpg

i-sM7GrfL-X2.jpg

This would be ideal to run a 4.3 Vortec, 4L60E/700R4/TH350 and a Dana 300. Add your preferred axles, wheels and tires and have a fun, unique Jeep. You could set up the front with either leafs or link it, and link the rear suspension.

The best part? I have a clean Colorado title in my name for this thing! There is a VIN tag on the tub matching the title.

Price- $2500 (pretty much what I have into the material & body)

Location- Grand Junction, CO

I'll help you load it, but a winch on a trailer would be idea. It's quite heavy with the cage, frame & body.