4L60E... school me!

gatchmo5710

Been enjoying all the memes surrounding this trans for a while.... finally decided to let my built LQ4 go all taliban and 9/11 the twin towers(4l60e) sorry bad timing. Now ive got a bunch of neutrals.

Im looking for a pretty simple rebuild, along with rebuilt torque converter, and transgo HD shift kit. Who has done it? Anything you would advise on? Ive done lots of t-cases and manual transmissions... Anything you would recommend as a must while doing this?

Anyone want to make some cash and walk me through it at my shop in hurricane ut?

Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• thumb_8-43-google-how-much-boost-will-a-stock-5-3-take-61232484.png
    thumb_8-43-google-how-much-boost-will-a-stock-5-3-take-61232484.png
    21.8 KB · Views: 27
  • oh-you-are-5b60bd.jpg
    oh-you-are-5b60bd.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 27

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
4L60Simulator.png

Im looking for a pretty simple rebuild, along with rebuilt torque converter, and transgo HD shift kit. Who has done it? Anything you would advise ?

Yeah--don't bother.

Anything you would recommend as a must while doing this?

Carry your dead 4L60E to the closest garbage can and dump it in. Go find a stock 4L80E from any wrecking yard and install that in the 60's place, then motor off in bliss. Seriously.

(The 4L80E behind the 454 in my Grand Prix had over 191,000 miles when I bought it. I didn't even open it up; I just dropped the pan to install a new filter, then installed it in the car. It has worked flawlessly ever since, and shifts hard thanks to my EZ-TCU controller. For a couple hundred bucks**, this is as good a deal on a transmission as I think you'll find.)

**: I paid $500 for the Express van it came out of. That was also where I got the 454 that was rebuilt and is now re-attached to that transmission.

Last edited: