Trip Report 4th of July with MFFW on Behind the Rocks in Moab.

Subarudude54

I tagged along with my ZJ which started losing power which I discovered was a plugged catalytic converter today, but fortunately made the whole trail utilizing a couple of bypasses. The other rigs were all buggies, and we seemed to race from severe obstacle to the next, first was gatekeeper, which I still mustered enough power to conquer, then took the sand in the wash and raced (I was doing 30 mph) to Hummer hill, where I noticed my power loss barely making it up. then took a bypass as the rest of the group went around to climb up White Knuckle hill, then a sort of fast track over to High Dive and everyone climbed it but me. I took the still challenging bypass. Then my power loss got more severe and I struggled to finish but did. Here's videos of 5 climbing White Knuckle (6 climbed it, but my camera batteries died on the last) and two people climbing High Dive.
Climbing High Dive

Pile of parts

I tagged along with my ZJ which started losing power which I discovered was a plugged catalytic converter today, but fortunately made the whole trail utilizing a couple of bypasses. The other rigs were all buggies, and we seemed to race from severe obstacle to the next, first was gatekeeper, which I still mustered enough power to conquer, then took the sand in the wash and raced (I was doing 30 mph) to Hummer hill, where I noticed my power loss barely making it up. then took a bypass as the rest of the group went around to climb up White Knuckle hill, then a sort of fast track over to High Dive and everyone climbed it but me. I took the still challenging bypass. Then my power loss got more severe and I struggled to finish but did. Here's videos of 5 climbing White Knuckle (6 climbed it, but my camera batteries died on the last) and two people climbing High Dive.
Climbing High Dive
Hey, thanks for posting the videos. Turns out, no one got me going up White Knuckle. I have one of you coming down Upchuck. I'll get it posted soon.

I also have videos of Jeff and Dee climbing Rock Pile on Sunday in their new buggies. We had a good run, up and back, on Pritchett. July is way too hot to be Wheeling in Moab but it was good to finally run the Jeep after the suspension upgrades over the winter.

Great Wheeling with you again!