4x4/SAS Conversion on my OBS

Raleigh

OMF Dave
Started a fun little project this weekend.
I have a 96 F250 that I love, only thing bad about it was that it is a 2wd.
So I picked up a pair of 04 SD axles to correct that!
Hope to have a drivable truck again this weekend, then I have to swap the output shaft on the transmission to mate the transfer case. 118398118400118404118405

4x4_Welder

I did my 84 F250, it was a nice upgrade. Those trucks really do need the track bar though, I built mine without but the steering would get pretty vague at times.
If you'd rather just swap to a 4x4 trans, I'm kinda sorta looking for a 2wd E4OD that'll bolt up behind an IDI to throw in my 71. I had a pair of 4x4 ones a couple years ago but sold them during a move.

Raleigh

OMF Dave
I did my 84 F250, it was a nice upgrade. Those trucks really do need the track bar though, I built mine without but the steering would get pretty vague at times.
If you'd rather just swap to a 4x4 trans, I'm kinda sorta looking for a 2wd E4OD that'll bolt up behind an IDI to throw in my 71. I had a pair of 4x4 ones a couple years ago but sold them during a move.
Oh yes, I'll be adding a track bar, the stock SD won't clear the crossmember so I'll have to fab one that has a bend in it.

As far as the trans goes I'll keep you in mind. The PO had the trans built so I really don't want to mess with it, but I also don't want to install a trans that i know nothing about.

Raleigh

OMF Dave
Nearing completion!

Got a done of work done this weekend, only things left are front shocks, front sway bar, box the frame where I had to notch it and the track bar.
I'll take care of the shocks and sway bar tomorrow and a friend of mine will be building the track bar since I don't have a bender anymore. Anyway here are some pics, I'll get better pics tomorrow when it's light out

4wd-swap-1.jpg

4wd-swap-2.jpg

4wd-swap-3.jpg

In order to use the SD rear shackle mounts I had to notch the frame, so I have a pair of plates to box the frame in that area, cleans it up nicely, pics to follow
4wd-swap-4.jpg

4wd-swap-5.jpg