5 Mile Pass on Saturday

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I've been thinking about a winter trailride out to 5 Mile Pass this Saturday. Theres a legal trail out there thats pretty fun and has a few spots that will challenge a well built rig. I want to test out my new found gearing and a few other recent additions. I need to do some fun wheelin!! I do think that this little wash will be covered in snow, so it will be intresting!

I currently don't have ANYONE else I have mentioned this idea to, so if somebody is intrested, let me know. I am thinking of heading out before noon, on Saturday, the 2nd.

BTW- My truck won't have rear shocks so don't make fun of the way it bounces all over!!! :D

THE OFFICAL PLAN! !

We will be meeting in Lehi, right off the freeway at the Walkers Gas Station - Wendys Combo (Kitty Corner from the Roller Mills) at 11:00 am, and be on the road by 11:15. On the way, there will be a few others that will be joining us. If you need to call and let us know you're running late, call me at 427-3400. Any Questions?

Greg

Admin
Oh yeah, a TRD Taco would be a good challenge on this trail. I've been on it with a XJ that had about 2" lift and 31's and they got it thru without TOO MUCH damage. :D (It was only a Tail Light that they lost, no biggie.) A Taco w/ a locker would be pretty good, but I don't know how things would be with snow on them. There would probably be a chance of sliding off rocks and getting high centered, if care wasn't taken. Theres only one MASSIVE ledge on the trail, and you can go on one side of it where its not too steep, or you can go on the Bypass to the right. Its a really fun trail, but like I say, who knows what it'll be like if theres snow on it!

jp008

Woo Hoo, We (me and bb88) might have to bring the Big Green solid axle kick out of hiding and test it out.

Last edited:

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
alass I cannot...moving stuff. the house is basically sold. Carefull on the freeway w/o shocks. it's kinda scary. TRUST ME!!

Greg

Admin
RedRockXJ- You'll be FINE. Matter of fact, wheelin will make you feel better! Join us!

WayneXJ- I'm thinking about meeting at the Walkers Gas station w/ Wendys, in Lehi. Its Kitty Corner from the Roller Mill, and right next to the freeway. Real easy to find. Time!? How does 11:00 am sound to everyone? Should be warmer as the day goes by.

jp008- BRING IT! I want to see this thing! I read about it on POR and I want a chance to check it OUT.

DToy- Sweet! Details are above.

Skyetone- So your out of here?? Did I hear your off to Colorado?

DToy

Since I live out here in Eagle Mountain, I'll probably meet you at 5 mile. Where is the trail that you want to run? North or south side of the paved road?

Greg

Admin
Originally posted by DToy
Since I live out here in Eagle Mountain, I'll probably meet you at 5 mile. Where is the trail that you want to run? North or south side of the paved road?

Oh, yeah. Your nearly out there already! Should we call you and let you know when we head out? If so, PM me your # and we'll call you as we leave. The trail is on the North side, around the bend.

Greg

Admin
Originally posted by Shawn
Sure,,, Pick a day when I have to work,,,:mad:

"Hi, work? This is Shawn....(Cough, cough....Hack, hack.....) I'm not coming in today......I just don't feel very well. Yeah.....ok......see ya next week."

:D

WayneXJ

grocery getter driver
Originally posted by Greg
RedRockXJ- You'll be FINE. Matter of fact, wheelin will make you feel better! Join us!

WayneXJ- I'm thinking about meeting at the Walkers Gas station w/ Wendys, in Lehi. Its Kitty Corner from the Roller Mill, and right next to the freeway. Real easy to find. Time!? How does 11:00 am sound to everyone? Should be warmer as the day goes by.

jp008- BRING IT! I want to see this thing! I read about it on POR and I want a chance to check it OUT.

DToy- Sweet! Details are above.

Skyetone- So your out of here?? Did I hear your off to Colorado?

It would be easier for me to meet up at the crossroad off Redwood. I could just wait there at about 11:15 or so, I'll be in a blue Cherokee. My cell # is 244-0633 just in case.

6089556-5e37-028001E0-.jpg

Last edited:

Greg

Admin
Originally posted by WayneXJ

It would be easier for me to meet up at the crossroad off Redwood. I could just wait there at about 11:15 or so, I'll be in a blue Cherokee. My cell # is 244-0633 just in case.

OK, that will work. I'll take your # and call you if we don't see you at the stop light there.