5 mile sunday

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I was hoping to head down there tomorrow but I'm still putting some things back together on the crawler. Have fun guys! Thanks for the invite!

spacecase

Out Crawlin'
no prob. i'm looking at the map here and i think the route i took with another guy, who also followed some people up one other time, may have hit this thing wrong and missed alot of it...

i'm going to make an attempt to follow the full trail from start to finish, wish us luck.

Pike2350

Well this was a bust for me. I broke a rear axle shaft trying to do a hard line right after the first rock garden of Rattlesnake. Dont have RTV or any other way to seal up the diff cover, nor do I have an easy way to get the beiken piece out. Im sitting here waiting for my wife and father-in-law to pick me up with a trailer :(

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Well this was a bust for me. I broke a rear axle shaft trying to do a hard line right after the first rock garden of Rattlesnake. Dont have RTV or any other way to seal up the diff cover, nor do I have an easy way to get the beiken piece out. Im sitting here waiting for my wife and father-in-law to pick me up with a trailer :(

That sucks... still running the Rodeo Dana 44 rear? Are there upgraded shafts available for it?

Pike2350

Well the day got worse. My father-in-law and wife ame and got me. We decided to get dinner. So after picking up the MIL, & 15 month old, we went to Verges. Get out and hear a hissing. Big chunk of metal in a trailer tire. After we eat we get to the task of changing it. Use the hi-lift to jack it up(Rodeo still tied down). Change it out quickly....hi-lift wont lower. We get a few clocks but nothing more. Well on one attempt to the handle springs full force uppercutting my jaw.

Im pretty swollen but don't think its broken. Bit into my tongue tmreal hood and an very sensitive. I'm going to ride out the night and hope it isnt broken.

My day has been a series of epic fails.

Trate D

I am running a rodeo rear axle in my Comanche. I have yet to find upgraded axles for it. I have broke a couple and just keep using stock ones.

I was going to look into a custom set last time one broke but decided I’ll just save for a bigger rear end.

Hopefully your looks better than my last one....FF740F01-D9D5-4F25-8249-08935194991E.jpeg70BE7667-8899-4550-97E2-C23159B41FA4.jpeg400E6C6E-865B-4B85-96E0-D4E33095AF5E.jpeg9AF574F3-D3E7-4818-B643-38207EB11080.jpeg

Last edited: