6.0 powerstroke rebuild.

glockman

I hate Jeeps
Thanks for all the moral support guys. I spoke with Ty again today. He got the motor torn down and verified that the timing was set wrong at the machine shop. They are going to correct this, deal with the piston protrusion by either a new block or milling the pistons/recessing the valves more and they are going to cover some part of the labor for the removal/replacement. Ty is also working with Kill Devil on the heads. I feel a little better now but I still can't believe that heads in spec and a short block in spec could contact each other. I am somewhat pleased to be vindicated. All the work I performed was correct, aside from assuming new parts would be good parts.

glockman

I hate Jeeps
I'm still waiting. Everyone is blaming some one else. Machine shop is blaming Wasatch diesel and they are giving me lots of lip service but not much to show for it. I hope to get it back in May. If not I'm going to persue legal action.
As soon as it's back I'm trading it for an ecoboost. I'm likely out of the diesel game for good.

glockman

I hate Jeeps
Diesel parts and labor are $$$. I think that has brought a lot of unreputable people to the game. I can blame Ford for poor design but that doesn't explain why a machine shop can't set deck height or cam timing or why the best new casting heads have valve recession set on the edge of the specs. The motor is flawed and there are no honest people in business to fix them. Unless I do it. Myself I don't feel like I can trust the job is done right and I can't fix transmissions so Cummins are out of the question