Wanted 6 foot box and pan brake

4x4_Welder

Looking for a bending brake with moveable fingers. Ideally after a 6' model, I could probably make a 4' work, or an 8'.
Old and rusty is ok, as long as it isn't bent. Looking to spend around $250-$300, I might be able to get a little more together for the right brake.
I can pick up between Boise and SLC.

Last edited:
Reactions: SSR

astjp2

They run between 1000 and 5000 used for one that is halfway descent for a 4' one. I have a 4' chicago that I paid 1300 for and had to go to california to get it. Check craigslist and KSL you may get lucky, I never have been. Tim

4x4_Welder

I'd love to get a nice production quality machine, but I don't have the funds to justify it right now, at least against the upcoming volume of work. Grizzly or Jet sold a unit of these specs new for under $1k in the early 2000s, they still have a 48" version under $800 new. It's not great, they need a lot of tuning to get right out of the box, but once set up work well in a low volume environment. There was also a selection of utterly craptastic Japanese ones in the 70s, that with a few mods can be quite nice.
I'm mostly after the "I'm tired of this worn out thing taking up shop space" model.
The project I needed this for suffered a major scope creep attack, so what was going to be a sink, backsplash, two 6' counters, and moveable drain board is now about 20' of counter, three walls of diamond pattern stainless, fryer backsplash, various bits here and there in the kitchen-
One of the counter runs is long enough I'll have to sub out the counter cap folding, but depending on latest planning/zoning approval it may still change yet.