Favorite Trails-

Hasn't seen any trails yet.
Other-

Going to be changing alot real soon.__________

Last edited:

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
Great build, makes me yearn for my 800 and Scout II.

gertsch

Weeeeee!
So I'm finally getting around to working on this after not being able to do much. Looks like the carb will need rebuilt until I can afford to do. Motor swap with injection. Also the wiring all needs torn out and replaced. Found me the harness I want just need a tax return to be deposited already!

gertsch

Weeeeee!
image.jpgUimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgwell after sitting for several years I finally got the inspiration to get going on this build. I've got a lot of work ahead of me.

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
That rust on the top of the quarter panel looks like fun!:eek:

Bart

Supporting Member
If the rust doesn't wrap down the side it wouldn't be too bad, being as it's mostly flat. It will be a painstaking process no doubt, but could be worse. Wonder where else the rust is hiding? Its still such a cool little 800.

gertsch

Weeeeee!
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
I got more done last night. Found more rust. Not to surprised but more annoyed at the fiberglass body filler job attempt at fixing it. But I'm still not stressing it. I'll get it all fixed and looking good again.

gertsch

Weeeeee!
scout 800.jpgscout 800 rust2.jpgscout 800 rust.jpgscout 800 brackets.jpg
more progress. Not as much as I would like to have made but I've been tearing down the grand and selling of parts to help fund this.
Lots of rust, not surprised and its all easy stuff to me. Also started ordering the suspension brackets. This baby is getting linked.

Bart

Supporting Member
Nice to see it being fixed right and cool dealio on the links. Going to be a sweet ride.

gertsch

Weeeeee!
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
Lots of rust. Someone plastered the floor with lots of bondo then sheetmetaled over it. It all get cut out and new pans will be made and installed. Wire wheels work great for exposing rust holes. I'll be picking up a piece of 16 gauge then the new panel making begins.

Attachments

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
Project looks fun, but you really need a better camera!:)