71 Scout 800B

Bart

Supporting Member
Unbelievable amount of work and well done. Wow, you're close to paint. Again, nice job.

gertsch

Weeeeee!
Thanks still lots to do. Debating on swapping an interview ih v8 back into it instead of the 305 Chev that is in it right now.

Brad J

Thanks still lots to do. Debating on swapping an interview ih v8 back into it instead of the 305 Chev that is in it right now.
My vote will not be the popular one but I would vote for IH:)

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
My vote would be anything BUT the 305.:)

gertsch

Weeeeee!
I got the frame in a position I can start on it now. So while I am doing the suspension work I can do the drivetrain swap at the same time. But I do want to keep the 700r4 which I would need a adapter and I don't have $500 right now. so i can get it running and work on some upgrades to the IH motor then swap it in the spring or summer next year.

Bart

Supporting Member
My vote would be anything BUT the 305.:)
This.

5.7s are cheap and a much better option than the anemic 305.. Personally I would go with fuel injection over a sentimental IH pick, especially if you're keeping the 700r4.

gertsch

Weeeeee!
Ive been save for a 5.3 since I started the build. Ive got an ih motor and fuel injecting it won't be an issue if I did it. The biggest set back with it for me is the weight of it.

Kevin B.

OLAF
Supporting Member
This discussion of what motor to put in an early Scout is relevant to my interests. Keep talkin'. :D

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
Just got back on the site and really like what you are doing. Have you thought about a big V6 to cut down on weight and increase horse power?

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
They make v6's that put our more hp than the old scout v8's and are lighter and smaller. Have you thought about this?