For Sale - Best Offer 8" FOA reservoir shocks

hans j

drove a van where?
I have a set of 4, 8" (22 inch eye to eye) reservoir shocks from FOA. I've been running them in the rear for a while but decided the control arms in the front will need to be modified too much so I'm going to switch to a non reservoir, custom valved Bilstein 6100 in front and custom valved Bilstein 7100 in the rear.

The front rods have been modified with a 10x1 thread for my application. New rods are available and cheap from FOA if you want the eye ends. FOA was supposed to make me some Jeep XJ rods but after waiting 6 months, they never did. So I had it done locally. I still don't think they offer a threaded rod end like this (one year later)...

They have all been disassembled and cleaned. I even caught an extra valving shim that was installed in one of them. They are all valved medium. I also have poly hourglass bushings for all of them to replace the cheap spherical bearings they send (still have 4 brand new).

I'm a little embarrassed to say I'm about $900 into this setup and don't really want to use it... I had Hose and Rubber build me some specific hoses for the rear and still have the original hoses. Two extra packs of shims. Tools to clamp on to the rods to be able to change the valving. Adapters to change the 14mm spherical bearings to 12mm. Extra 5w shock oil. Dual spring rate hardware. Several stickers and maybe some other miscellaneous stuff.

Currently only one front shock is fully assembled and the rears are still installed on my car. I do have some spares I can install to get them off though. Once I got the one built, I finally realized that I didn't want to go down that road. So I left the other shock disassembled in case they get sold and need to be a different configuration. The front 90* fitting at the shock body is a swivel fitting too.

I'm open to reasonable offers, so let me know if you are interested.

IMG_5506.jpgIMG_5510.jpgIMG_6538.jpgIMG_6542.jpgIMG_6734.jpg