$800: TIG/stick welder 200amp AC/DC inverter 230volt

MikeGyver

UtahWeld.com
This welder has just been sitting in the garage since I upgraded to a miller dynasty; I really have no reason to keep it. It's obviously used but its in perfect working condition. This machine has always served me well and I have never had any issues with it. It welds almost exactly as well as my new miller dynasty.
This was my first TIG welder, I did a ton of research when I bought it and considered every entry level model and I don't regret buying this one; I chose it over every sub-dynasty miller tig.

This is an inverter machine and it only draws 35amps from a 230v AC line at full power so you can actually run it at home (unlike most 200 amp transformer welders).
Posting it here on RME first.

$800 ----------------- SOLD -----------------------
that's $450 off what a new one still goes for

The specs:
2011 model Everlast PowerTIG 200DX (still under 5 year warranty!)
200 amp output
runs on single phase 230v AC
AC and DC (aluminum and steel)
high frequency start, or scratch start
small enough to be portable
original torch was garbage so I upgraded to a nice little flex head 250amp rated water cooled torch (you can use your garden hose if you don't have a water cooler, or get a cheap air cooled hose)
foot pedal
argon flow meter
adjustable wave balance for welding AC (very important, many entry level machines don't have this, this is one of the main reason I bought this)
adjustable AC weld frequency (also a very nice feature, transformers are stuck at 60hz line frequency, this will do 20-250hz)
reliable IGBT inverter
huge 60% duty cycle at full power (everything else on the market including my miller dynasty is 20%)
fully adjustable pulse settings (not just frequency)
2T/4T torch trigger operation capable
adjustable argon post flow
adjustable weld current down slope time

only thing it doesn't have is the ground lead. And be aware tig weders apparently don't come with a power plug because there is no standard plug (my new dynasty didn't even come with one)... so you'll have to grab a plug from home depot/lowes. reply here, PM, or call/text me 8o1 47two-103niner

WP_20140715_007_zpsf74f75e3.jpg

WP_20140715_002_zpsd12e5914.jpg

WP_20140715_008_zpsa5b5660b.jpg

WP_20140715_009_zps8cf9cd35.jpg

WP_20140715_005_zps827d2204.jpg

WP_20140715_006_zps4cdb1be9.jpg

Last edited:

mesha

By endurance we conquer
How is the foot pedal? I have read a few reviews stating it was probably the only bad thing about the everlast. I am looking at getting a big welder and this might be a nice option. If you would rather discuss over PM that is fine.

So, it needs a ground clamp and cable and a power plug and wire? As well as a water cooler, or a air torch? (I don't understand the garden hose set up thing)

MikeGyver

UtahWeld.com
The foot pedal is fine on these, I have no idea why people complain about them. It's probably cuz there's a current adjusting knob on it but you don't have to use it because current is set at the welder.

You can hook your garden hose up as the water source and just let the outlet drain off. Same thing as a water cooler its just not a loop system.
It has the power cord, just needs the plug.

MikeGyver

UtahWeld.com
What features where you looking for when you upgraded to a miller?

Dynasty's are pretty much industry standard for tig. It doesn't really have any important features that the everlast doesn't, but I expect it to last essentially forever, and it's more at home in a production industrial environment. I'm a welder and I'm not going to stop being one any time soon and I want the best, so I could justify the $4k pricetag.

Rock Taco

Dont think too long or it will say sold to someone other than Mesha. I dont even have a place to put this besides storage and I am thinking about it.

MikeGyver

UtahWeld.com
sale pending........................................................................................................ .