87 suzuki samurai

airmanwilliams

I am looking to trade my 87 samurai JA to someone for some work on another vehicle. I just bought a 93 suzuki sidekick that I would like to get the motor rebuilt and the rest of the sidekick built up alittle. I did just hit a deer with the samurai but nothing major since all it needs is a new radiator and grill which I just bought and the radiator should be here next week. also comes with some tj fender flares not pictured on it.

Hears a few of the major things it has:

Just got a new paint job the beginning of may

1.3L 8v engine roughly 20,000 miles on rebuilt motor

harley carb myside kit($500 paid for the kit last month)-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMQ9MIIZh8U

geo metro valve cover

doug thorley headers+2" exhaust behind cat with aeroturbine muffler.

newly rebuilt samurai front axle with 5.12 sidekick front 3rd member(1200 miles), newly rebuilt hybrid rear axle with 5.12 gears(1200 miles)

3" deaver leaf springs

Flipped the tailgate so it drops down like a normal pickup tailgate.

rear roll cage

Dodge neon front seats

Has removable doors

4-TJ rear fender flares

New sj410 grill

I have replaced and done the following within the last 8 months: replaced the vsv, new pcv valve, fuel filter&some fuel hose, new oil pressure sensor, new oil pan gasket, replaced a few vacuum lines with blue silicone hose, new coolant, new oil change, a few new driveline bolts, spark plugs, sparkplug wires, put bedliner inside and outside(for hunting I had planned to do with it), painted the mirrors fenders grill and roll bar green, mounted 31"tires, rebuilt axles with 5.12 gears, harley myside kit, rear roll cage and more.

Parts included but not installed yet: extra dash, and tachometer, tj fender flares

0708110805.jpg

0719111921.jpg

0720111227.jpg

226463_149213685148245_100001788438382_270815_2284185_n.jpg

225069_149213805148233_100001788438382_270816_1602644_n.jpg

IMG_0417.jpg

0318111931a.jpg

airmanwilliams

for the sidekick? ill take that for the sidekick. the guy told me it had either a distributor or coil problem but a friend of mine switched in his computer and it started up great so now I need to find a computer for it that will be $60 or less and drive it until I can get the samurai traded off to someone that can rebuild this motor and help me build it up some.

Coco

haha that is just what you need, another sami :p

On a side note, i was only able to sell my sami for $2500, with a brand new YJ spring conversion kit, and YJ springs, and new 33x15 BFG M/Ts. Just something to think about brandon

thefirstzukman

Finding Utah
Supporting Member
True deal Colton... If you take every penny you invest in a samurai, or most any other project rig and times it by about .40 you have it's total worth. I know the value of a samurai, I own 4 of them right now... You don't have t case gears, upgrades in the axles, drive shaft upgrades, oh and it's wrecked to the point it was totaled out and hasn't been fixed. I think 2k is a reasonable offer for you, if you think about it with the insurance money you just got you come out quite good.

Coco

Ya your right for sure. Mine even had 5:12s in the axles w/ Detroits, hy steer, 5:14s in the t case, with an unbreakable t case mount. $2k is an awesome deal

TkMeHomePlease

I would keep it lol, swap the sidekick motor, throw the 8 valve in this and keep it streetable.
Then you can have your offroad and your on road. You already got your sam going good and just needed the four door for family stuff

airmanwilliams

thanks been. I will get this sidekick going for now and see if I can drive it alittle further with the 183k miles it has on it, have a guy trying to dig up cash right now for the samurai for what im wanting but if someone wants to trade I would much rather do that and would even trade this sidekick and the samurai if someone has a sidekick alread built.

2INSANE

I agree! Keep the Sam! Fix it, drive it, love it, you won't regret it!