For Sale - Best Offer '92 Ford F-350 SRW 460 4x4 Auto PERFECT DONOR VEHICLE!!

greenjeep

Cause it's green, duh!
I have a 1992 F-350 single rear wheel 1 ton truck for sale. It has a 460 and auto and its four-wheel drive with the highly sought after high pinion Dana 60, and Sterling 10.25 rear end. The truck is a quad cab, a long bed with a decently shaped body. The interior is in good shape with no major rips or holes in the upholstery or carpeting, it is a bench seat front and rear so you can easily fit up to six people. It has a working CD player and cruise control.

All the steering components and tie rod ends are new and the entire brake system including booster and m/c is new. The radiator has been recently replaced. And the trailer hitch and the trailer wiring is all new as well. The truck is 20 years old and has a few issues, but there is nothing mechanically wrong with it and it'd make a great work truck or tow rig as is.

My original intent with the truck was to part it out and put my Commando body on top of its drivetrain, but, things have changed so I need to sell it (as well as my extra Commando body if anybody's interested)

I am asking $3000 as I think the individual parts would be worth significantly more. It is a running driving truck and whether you keep it that way or chop it up would be up to you! Feel free to contact me on here or call my cell phone 435 327-288zero

If you have any further questions let me know.

Thanks David

All photos HERE.
DSCN3292-1.jpg

DSCN4559-1.jpg

DSCN4557-1.jpg

DSCN3294.jpg

DSCN3295.jpg

DSCN3296.jpg

DSCN3304-1.jpg

DSCN3299-1.jpg

DSCN3298.jpg

DSCN4561-1.jpg

DSCN4563-1.jpg

DSCN4564-1.jpg

mesha

By endurance we conquer
what gears are in the axles?

How do these things tow? I have never driven a 460 ford set up like this. And what kind of miserable mileage is expected? Is the auto trans pretty beef and reliable?

greenjeep

Cause it's green, duh!
Don't know what gears, they're whatever came stock.

It tows good, a little slow going up steep grades, but not too bad. I've never done the math on mileage, but I'd guess 11-12 empty, 9-10 towing.

Thardy

"FARM TOY"
We ran this same set up (minus the 4 doors) as a farm truck for years. We left it hooked to a 20" stock trailer 90% of the time. They pull like you wouldn't believe. The fuel mileage on the 460 is miserable 9-10mpg towing is being nice but definitely worth the money. We got about 250k out of ours with 2 trannys and a couple power steering pumps. I believe we replaced the motor about 200k. But like I said 90% of its life was hauling 20000+ pounds of livestock. Like I said worth the money. There's you a long winded bump!!

greenjeep

Cause it's green, duh!
Thanks for the bump! The truck really does tow great. It had the transmission replaced (not just rebuilt) about 50,000 miles ago.

mierdota

is this reliable enough to have it as a daily driver/tow rig? also do you know what kind of mpgs it gets? also what has all been done as far as maintenance and tune ups on the motor? I am very interested!

greenjeep

Cause it's green, duh!
I've had the truck about 2 years, and the only real issue I've had was a blown radiator hose and bad power steering pulley. During that time I've also towed my Jeep to and from Denver, LA and SLC. I wouldn't hesitate to daily drive or tow with it. I'd guess gas mileage at 11-12ish.

greenjeep

Cause it's green, duh!
Tell me more about swaping the jeepster body on this truck. This is what i want to do.
In my head it should be fairly straight forward. Pull the Ford's body off (sell body for parts), cut the frame and shorten it to about 105" wheelbase, fab custom body mounts, bolt on Commando body, have a bad ass Mando!!

If you are interested, I also have a full Commando body I'd sell.

mierdota

I've had the truck about 2 years, and the only real issue I've had was a blown radiator hose and bad power steering pulley. During that time I've also towed my Jeep to and from Denver, LA and SLC. I wouldn't hesitate to daily drive or tow with it. I'd guess gas mileage at 11-12ish.

Cool where you at on price by now?

cowmilker

SUPER CHEESY
Most of these were 3.55 or 4.10. If you look on the door label there will be an axle code, that will let you know (my 3.55 axle code is 39, I believe 4.10 is axle code 35).
FWIW my 92 F350 4x4 crewcab with c-6 & 351 gets 11-12mpg (if I don't break 2500 RPM I can get 14 mpg but that wont get me over about 61 MPH). I would hope this truck has an overdrive with that 460.

I LOVE everything about my truck except the 351w.
Your truck would be almost perfect (5spd manual would be better) for what I want.