93 4dr suzuki sidekick

airmanwilliams

Motor needs injector put in(which I have) and a new clutch.

93 4dr sidekick
5.625 front diff gears and partial Calmini lift
5.71 rear different gears in 01 4runner rear axle and long arm suspension lift
Trail gear 4.24 tcase gears
32" falcon tires
Zor rear bumper with swing out tire carrier
Calmini headers with 2" exhaust
Overhead dvd player
42" Curved Led Light Bar
Snorkel

9fe55f681c39431cfb80b2bdd214a91b.jpg
18672ef60063fcf05b5415cb4a8aca17.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jared

Formerly DeadEye J
How many miles? Auto or manual? What power options does it include? Does everything (except the clutch) work?

Not to derail the thread, but I remember an old school boss telling me that in the early days of 4wd pickups the dealers would actually spec a higher geared (lower ratio) front end under the theory that the front end had to go a lot further around tight corners when off road. I'm not sure how long that lasted, but anyway, he talked like it was a common occurrence.

Bump for a cool Sami project.

airmanwilliams

Any particular reason for different ratio in the front than the rear?
The rear blew so instead of dumping $800+ into a new 5.625 rear(which came only in the 89 carbed sidekicks and is hard to find) I decided it was the right time to upgrade to Toyota but still couldn't afford the sas so I kept the front Suzuki until I could afford the sas but didn't get around to it. I was told by my buddy that did the work that the gear ratios were close enough that 4x4 would still work well but upon trying to put the tcase to work with its new 4.24 gears last winter it would just pop into neutral and would not work in 4 high or 4low and was then told that the sas needs done so the front and rear were the same Toyota ratio.

airmanwilliams

I'd bet availability of gears for that front axle. Looks like they're only off by 2% or less, so there's no issue there.
You are correct on the availability to match the front and I was told the same on the ratios being so close but when I tried to put it in 4high or 4low last winter the tcase would pop back out and into neutral and was told that it likely didn't like the front and rear different ratios. Nobody had a clear answer at lowrangeoffroad or online.

airmanwilliams

How many miles? Auto or manual? What power options does it include? Does everything (except the clutch) work?

Miles are really unknown. I had a 150k motor swapped in a couple years ago and broke a few speedo cables and just didn't find a replacement for it. I daily drove it for about 2.5 years like that and when it was swapped in did the waterpump, timing belt, and all that jazz then.

We also in trying to diagnose what was wrong with the motor and get it ready for inspection did the timing belt, distributor cap, distributor rotor, horn, fuel filter, computer, and a few other little jobs around the motor.

What it needs right away that I know of besides the clutch is an injector put in. I did get some used injectors from lowrangeoffroad to try but haven't put any replacements in yet. The motor is old and worn as well so rebuilding that is up to the buyer. It was a great daily driver and mall crawler for what it is but I couldn't fit my kids in it any longer and needed to get into another car for my daily.