93 Truck to 4runner conversion

Chevycrew

This is a thread for a buddy, who Im sure, wouldn't do one for himself.

Starting with a built 93 std cab pickup. Could not sell it, nor find a comparable 4runner to swap too. (needed more seating)

So...

He removed the interior, and back window.

Ordered a 4xinnonvations full cage kit for a 1990 to 1995 toyota 4runner. This was a brand new cage which did not even include any instructions.

We spent all day sunday installing the cab cage, frame tie-ins, and bed cage. We still need to do the rear frame tie-ins, then work on the back of the cab and interior.

Pics of progress so far:

Attachments

• sage cage4.jpg
    sage cage4.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 73
  • sage cage3.jpg
    sage cage3.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 70
  • sage cage2.jpg
    sage cage2.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 89
  • sage cage.jpg
    sage cage.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 76
  • sage cage5.jpg
    sage cage5.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 75
That thing is gonna be freakin sweet!! That's exactly what I'm trying to accomplish with my 85 xtra cab.What are his plans for the metal between the cab and bed?

Yup, I love it, I thought I was the only one with crazy ideas just to make things harder on myself. I wish him the best of luck.

Also is he planning on redoing the floor behind the front seats and in front of the wheel wells in the bed? I was doing some measuring and you can drop it down a couple inches until that damned funky frame gets in the way. If hes gonna do a shell theres a couple nice ones on KSL for $200 or less.

MattL

I always thought of doing something like this when I had my truck. Keep up the posts

Chevycrew

Yeah floor will be redone, along with the back of the cab. Headroom is an issue, but that will be accounted for. Full soft top, sealed to the cab, with roll up sides for summer.

Last edited:

Coco

I remember this truck, I really wanted to buy it, I just couldn't afford it. Looks sick now tho!!

sixstringsteve

I'm glad I'm seeing more and more of these. Thanks for posting a build thread for your buddy. We toyota geeks love this stuff.

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
I like it, good solution to the ever common problem of toyota guys.......more seats
I have had this truck and others i was going to trade for my runner but never did because of the lack of seating but if i would of thought of this i might of gone for it

Chevycrew

We should have more progress this weekend. Between working different shifts and me trying to finish the crew cab, there hasn't been much time.

Chevycrew

Remounted seats, removed fuel tank, drivers rear shock, upper shock mount, factory tube crossmember, back of cab, and bed floor.

Pics:

Attachments

• sage cage6.jpg
    sage cage6.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 71
  • sage cage7.jpg
    sage cage7.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 75
  • sage cage9.jpg
    sage cage9.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 72
  • sage cage8.jpg
    sage cage8.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 79
  • sage cage10.jpg
    sage cage10.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 68
  • sage cage12.jpg
    sage cage12.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 81
  • sage cage11.jpg
    sage cage11.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

Chevycrew

Should be plenty of legroom, seat will be as far back as it can go and still fit a 40" spare behind the seat. Thinking s10 blazer tank as it worked well in mine behind the rear axle. It measures 30x20x10 roughly.

big cherokee

a.r.c fabrication
this is exactly what im getting ready to do to my truck as soon as i get the tubing to bring the cage threw the rear, floor will not be modded on mine thought, as my kids will be the only ones sitting back there. im hoping to have a buggy built for my oldest by the time he is to tall to fit in the back of the yota, or have a true 4 seater buggy built. im going to use a sammi or tj rear seat.

Chevycrew

With the sami seat in the bed, my head was a few inches over the top of the cage. We were worried with car seats and boosters, the kids would be to close to the cage for safety.

Chevycrew

Progress!

Attachments

• sage cage13.jpg
    sage cage13.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 51
  • sage cage14.jpg
    sage cage14.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 50
  • sage cage15.jpg
    sage cage15.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 53