'97 tacoma build: Abner

Kevin B.

Big hippy
I'm comparing that 4runner to the '99 that I sold a few years back... Similar mileage, auto, 3.4, OME, Highlander Package (e-locker, hood scoop), and it went in the $4k range.

Compared to what I see for sale on t4r.org, 4k is really low for a clean Highlander. I see a fair number of those listed for 7 or 8.

'Course, I'm not keeping track of how many sell for 7 or 8... :D

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
Yeah I am 6'0" exact and my current 4runner folds down just enough that I can lay down comfortably. But I've definitely enjoyed camping out in my 4Runner bed more than a tent. But that might be due to the crappy sleeping bags I've had to use thus far lol

sixstringsteve

Sometimes it's nice being really short...

ok... we've gotten WAAAAY off topic. Probably my fault. This truck isn't sold, so let's keep this info build-thread related. Feel free to start another 4runner camping thread, or "what rig should Steve buy next" thread, or something like that. :D

sixstringsteve

no worries. It wasn't you, I started it... I just don't want to muddy this thread up for those who are looking for tech.

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

yes, the duals went with the truck. Spork has proven that he doesn't need things like lockers and big tires to get through the tough trails.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
yes, the duals went with the truck. Spork has proven that he doesn't need things like lockers and big tires to get through the tough trails.

:D The Duals are going to be sweet and I noticed the gear ratio was lower than when I had it. Got a few things to button up and it will be good to go. An elocker would be nice but the truck will do a lot without one.