99 XJ HD build

Freeman Jeep

Thank you! It's a blast teaching kids a skill that is handy to know.
Quick update on the 60 I have all of the parts I need to start building it except for the hubs, lockouts, and locker. I think I am going to go with a drop in locker. Depending what the best price that I can get on it. I will post a pic of the axle once I actually get to work on it. Which means in a little bit I should have a full size HP Dana 44 available that should go right into a cherokee.

thenag

I just recently picked up a kingpin 60 driver drop. So that will be thrown in the jeep when I source all the parts I need. It is pretty much just the housing and axle shafts, but it is going to be a lot of fun building it the way I want.

Quick update on the 60 I have all of the parts I need to start building it except for the hubs, lockouts, and locker. I think I am going to go with a drop in locker. Depending what the best price that I can get on it. I will post a pic of the axle once I actually get to work on it. Which means in a little bit I should have a full size HP Dana 44 available that should go right into a cherokee.

Depending on the year of the D60 and if it is a Ford, the OEM hubs and lockouts are the same as the 92ish-96 f250 TTb d50. You used to find them all over pick-n-pulls for super cheap, if they work grab 3, throw a spare hub and lockout in your toolbox. (throw it in your toolbox says the guy with a 5500lb xj...)

Nathan