A Date That Will Live In Infamy

President Franklin D. Roosevelt: "Yesterday, December 7, 1941—a date which will live in infamy—the United States of America was suddenly and deliberately attacked by naval and air forces of the Empire of Japan."

It's easy for some to forget one of the worst attacks that ever happened on our soil due to so many years past and in the reflection of 11 September. There are few World War II veterans still alive today. My hat is off to them, the ones who have died in the years since, the ones that lost their lives during WWII who are buried in foreign soil and the ones that died on that fateful day of 07 December 1941.

This would also be a day to remember all vets and soldiers that have lost their lives in every war or offensive we have taken part in and our soldiers who have recently lost their lives in Iraq. My payers are out to all of our soldiers who are fighting and risking their lives overseas.

Last edited:

MattL

agreed

My hat off and a knee down in humble respect to those that protect, protected, and gave their lives for what I have today. This includes firemen, soldiers, policemen and all the nameless / unknown jobs that are overseen.

Thank You

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Thanks for the reminder. I was so busy at work, I had forgotten. Great americans of all walks of life have sacrificed so much so all of us can enjoy what we have today. Thank you to those who have made those sacrifices.

MR.CJ-7

Your Realtor
Thanks for the reminder. I had a chance to visit the Pearl Harbor monument last year. It is a very somber, reverent place. It wasn't a "fun" part of the vacation, but I felt since I was in Hawaii it would be a shame not to visit the memorial.

MR.CJ-7 said:
Thanks for the reminder. I had a chance to visit the Pearl Harbor monument last year. It is a very somber, reverent place. It wasn't a "fun" part of the vacation, but I felt since I was in Hawaii it would be a shame not to visit the memorial.

i felt the same way...........but it's a part of history