a locker question

redrock

i want a cheap locker just to play for right now over the summer i am going to get the stuff to do a spring over $$ and the time right now for the spring over to do it right ........

but the question is i stop to buy one and they told eight differant things for the d35. i know there is no ABS thinking no C-Clip either, but there to differant splins 27or 31 not big deal either just pull the axle and count. but whats the differance between trac lock and open the sale guys didn't know i know someone here can help me. and where a good spot to buy a lock right.

OCNORB

Supporting Member
Trac-loc= clutch packed limited slip, it won't keep you moving if one tire is in the air and after about 10,000 miles the clutches wear out and it's hard to tell the difference between the trac-loc and stock open diff. Save your money$$$ and get a locker.

OCNORB

Supporting Member
a Lock Right will keep you moving- you asked about a trac loc in your post-they are two different things.

redrock

sorry thats what the sales guys where trying to sale me i meant a lock right locker, sorry they told me one they could get was a trac-loc and the other open and never heard of any of them

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
I think they make lickrights to fit the trac loc cariers so you need to find out if you have one or not. Take the diff cover off and look for yourself, also double check whether or not you have a c clip setup.

redrock

Originally posted by Bones
You want cheap?? Weld it, you know that D35 will get changed out for a D44 or better come SOA time.
that crossed my mind i didn't know if it would hold or not if it would hold thats what i will do because this summer i want to upgrade.anyone ever welded them before