A new ride

stimmie

Valentines weekend I found a truck that looked good enough to be added to my fleet. I've always wanted a square body S10. I've always liked the way they look and so I have always kept an eye out for a deal on one. Had to be an extended cab, 4x4, and 4.3L, Those were my requirements. Low and behold a truck fitting the bill popped up on a local FB sale page. I went and checked it out and worked a deal. Last year I had picked up some generators from a cedar rat. I was also given another that needed work. Two of them from the cedar rat were seized up and no good. A small 3500w champion started on the third pull when I got it home. The last was a Titan 6500w 8hp diesel. I tried to pull it when I was checking them out and didn't know there was a compression release. Neither did the cedar rat. So I picked up all of them for $140. Opened the fuel valve on the diesel and put a battery on it to start it and it fired right up. Had a whopping 1.7 hours on it. I figured they didn't realize the fuel valve was shut since it ran poorly with it shut. It must not close all the way. Anyway, I traded the diesel generator and $250 for the S10. It needs a heater core for sure. Needs a good cleaning inside (the guy smoked in it). Plans are to slap a 3" body lift on it, paint it red with one of the kits from evilbay, and have a hunting truck/daughters truck. My eldest is 15.5 already. I don't really want her driving my KJ :). I had to do a double take when I popped the hood on the S10. The breather filter makes you turn your head and kind of stops your brain at first glance.

Attachments

• IMG_0443.jpg
    IMG_0443.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0452.JPG
    IMG_0452.JPG
    557.5 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0476.JPG
    IMG_0476.JPG
    464.2 KB · Views: 30