A Plea For HELP! To Anyone Within A Reasonable Distance Of American Fork Canyon

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I think we tried a pull pall and decided that it wasn't going to hold in a loose upslope. We used the rebar. And I only remember seeing one come out, though that doesn't mean there wasn't another one somewhere?

sixstringsteve

I know I offered my Pull-Pal up for this mission but was out of town the day of the recovery. Was it picked up and used?

I loaned it to somebody around this time frame and they snagged it from my shop guys when I was out of town. My guys assumed I knew who it was and I can't for the life of me remember who borrowed it and what recovery they were working on . Mine was a 9k in a black? padded case. Ringing a bell for anyone by chance?

EDIT:

Do you remember who picked it up from you to take up the canyon? Working through the chain of custody :D

Ironically I ended up buying a used one from Steve as I couldn't ever track one down but then this thread popped up!

Man, that was so long ago! I'm 99% sure I showed up and we looked all over and couldn't find it. At that point, you realized that you had lent it out before and it had never made it back. I loaned my paypal out to the rescue efforts, and it made it back, then I sold it later.

If I had picked it up, I would have sent it with RockTaco.

Last edited:

snwbrdr852

Well, I'm only 1.5 - 2 years late on this, but just wanted to say that the 4Runner is still on the road, despite that winter rollover. It just has a little more character now...
It took a new windshield, 2 new doors with glass, one rear-quarter glass, some plexi for a homemade replacement sunroof, and a fair amount of bottle jack body work to get some things lined back up.

So thanks again to everybody that helped out with the recovery!
And Kurt, I'm happy to reimburse you if that Pull-Pal never turned up. Let me know.

RogueJeepr

Here!
Good to hear about the 4-runner still running around.
Such an awesome effort that took place. Hope the pullpall gets home.

I couldn't afford one so I built a unit like on the Expo thread.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Well, I'm only 1.5 - 2 years late on this, but just wanted to say that the 4Runner is still on the road, despite that winter rollover. It just has a little more character now...
It took a new windshield, 2 new doors with glass, one rear-quarter glass, some plexi for a homemade replacement sunroof, and a fair amount of bottle jack body work to get some things lined back up.

So thanks again to everybody that helped out with the recovery!
And Kurt, I'm happy to reimburse you if that Pull-Pal never turned up. Let me know.

All good, perhaps it will find its way home at some point. Thanks though, glad to hear the 4Runner is running smooth