A Plea For HELP! To Anyone Within A Reasonable Distance Of American Fork Canyon

snwbrdr852

Had we known this was going happen, we could have rolled it down the hill instead of rescuing it.

That would have been cool. Maybe next summer a bunch of guys throw in $25 or so and buy a junker to take up there and push over. The clean up operation might be a bigger job than saving my truck though, haha.

I'd just fix the suspension, do the minimum required to pass safety, and keep driving it.

I'd be down for that, but the windshield would be tough. The passenger side of it is bent at like a 45* angle from the body damage.

Why would we hate you for rolling your rig….some of us do it often :D
time to start cutting stuff off and wheeling it harder!

I was kidding, but it's still a bummer cause mine WAS one of those ones that was still in pretty good shape for its age...
You might have the right idea there. Though the problem then becomes getting it TO the trails.

sixstringsteve

I worked on this for about 3 hours tonight. It's still got another 3-5 hours to go, but it's shaping up nicely. Thanks to everyone who filmed and submitted the footage.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I'd be down for that, but the windshield would be tough. The passenger side of it is bent at like a 45* angle from the body damage.

I bet with a hilift and a comealong and a tree we could get that "close enough". Make a set of half doors and you'd still be street legal and wouldn't need to tow it.

I've got grinders, a sawzall, a little welder and a big hammer - I'd love to help you carve up your truck if you want a hand :D.

snwbrdr852

I bet with a hilift and a comealong and a tree we could get that "close enough". Make a set of half doors and you'd still be street legal and wouldn't need to tow it.

I'm still a little skeptical on the windshield, but if do-able, this definitely sounds like the best route for me. Good call.

sixstringsteve

Mitch, you are a beast. You shoveled more than a little bit of rock out there.

... getting close. Hopefully the edit will be done in an hour or so, then we'll play the waiting game for it to upload. Thanks for your patience everyone.

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

The video is finally done. It's uploading to YouTube. I have super slow upload speeds, so it's going to be tomorrow morning before it's uploaded.