A public apology to Stephen

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Here's the thing. We obviously don't vibe with each other, and that's OK... but I shouldn't have gone after you with personal attacks when we had our last dispute in the "so now what" thread a couple months ago, especially with my status as an Admin here. I should know better.

@Stephen - you provide a shit ton of value to this community and it has bummed me out that I haven't see you active here lately. I now believe I've done a disservice to RME in that regard. We don't have to like each other and hell, we can still argue but I'll do better with the personal attacks. So with all that said; I'm sorry.

Hope I can buy you a beer some day.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I'm happy to see this, it's not easy to swallow your pride and admit you crossed a line. You are both good friends, I'd like to continue seeing you both on here... we don't have to agree on everything, but we can still be decent to each other.
Thanks Greg. This was weighing on me lately and I truly do hope Stephen returns. He’s a great trail guide and has a cool knack for non-mainstream vehicles that I miss seeing.

I don’t even expect him to accept my apology. I probably wouldn’t if I were him. 😂 But regardless, he has it.

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
Thanks Greg. This was weighing on me lately and I truly do hope Stephen returns. He’s a great trail guide and has a cool knack for non-mainstream vehicles that I miss seeing.

I don’t even expect him to accept my apology. I probably wouldn’t if I were him. 😂 But regardless, he has it.
now Im sad I missed the offense

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Nobody likes to make fun of people more than I do (ESPECIALLY Stephen), but I try not to resort to personal attacks or name calling. That just means I can't communicate my point with facts or logic, and at that point I probably don't have much ground to stand on anyway.

Not that it matters, but I thought it was out of line at the time and I do appreciate you thinking better of it down the road. Making personal attacks in a discussion like that just reduces the likelihood that anyone will take you seriously, and I think your position on things is interesting and should be taken seriously. I tend to think more like Stephen than you on things, but it takes all sides of a topic to ever find the truth of it in the end.

I like beer. We should all drink beer together. Maybe we can go wheelin, then go drink beer? Have CJ7, will go offroad.

Last edited: