Act Of Valor

Coco

Awesome movie!! Well worth the watch, I personally cant wait to see it again.

The movie is filmed with active duty Navy Seals, so (from what you hear on the radio, tv etc.) the acting isnt great, I didnt really notice or care.

A lot of the movie was filmed with live ammunation which is pretty cool. Really good movie.

Last edited:

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
I thoroughly enjoyed it. It's unique in that the movie is centered around 5 actual SEAL missions with a fictitious storyline sewn through it, and portrayed by active SEAL's. It's an authentic action film that pays tribute to SEAL's and their families, who have never been in or demanded any limelight.

rholbrook

My 10 year old wants to see it. Should I take him? How much blood and nudity? I don't think he should see it but if its not too bad, I just may. Unless I can be convinced otherwise, I am NOT planning on letting him see it.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
No nudity, very little swearing IIRC.. This is not your typical Hollywood action film; in fact, very opposite IMO. This movie is considered low budget, and has no intention of straying away from how te SEAL's operate both in the field and at home with their families. It's almost a documentary.. If there were such thing as a fictumentary.. A fictitious story webbing true events and portrayed by the people the stories are about and who participated in the events.. It's a really cool idea.

Also, for those who love desert racing this movie was directed by Mouse McCoy. You may remember Mouse from running the Baja 1000 solo on a bike in Dust To Glory, which he also produced.

Goody

Good movie. Not horribly gory, but there are plenty of head shots... no body parts laying around though. Mainly just shootings.

Coco

Also, for those who love desert racing this movie was directed by Mouse McCoy. You may remember Mouse from running the Baja 1000 solo on a bike in Dust To Glory, which he also produced.

I wasnt aware he directed the movie, but I did notice he narrated it, and was one of the camera guys. Before the movie, they were showing a "making of" and I noticed him. He looked so familiar, but I couldnt place him till the credits rolled. Then it clicked. But in the making of he was talking about how they were shooting live ammo right over his head while he was trying to film.

Very good movie.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Just watched it finally. What a great movie. It does stray away from the typical Hollywood military action movie which I really appreciate. I didn't feel the lack of good acting, instead I saw these guys just doing what they do.

I think it was another boost for me to join the honor guard. I feel there are very few things more honorable than folding our flag and giving it to the loved one of a fallen soldier.

This movie actually made me feel these guys really cared about showing the public what actually goes on, no Rambo crap, no crazy hero crap just real men fighting for each other and their beliefs.

phatfoto

Giver of bad advice
Finally saw it, had a small round of "allergies" acting up at the end. Good movie, look forward to seeing it again, and see what I missed.

jentzschman

Just finished it and I must say this movie is absolutely fantastic! On my top 10 most defiantly!

God bless them fine men and women and their families, THANK YOU!!!!