Topic of Discussion ** ACTION ALERT ** Emery Land bill could close thousands of miles of OHV Trails.

Greg

Wanderlusting
Admin
From Scott Phillips at SLOREX

** ACTION ALERT **

Please step up and call; even if you don’t recreate in this area. Any closures will only make the trails you enjoy that much more crowded.

Doris Quinn just spoke to Congressman Curtis’s office regarding the Emery Land bill that they are working on that could potentially close thousands of miles of OHV Trails. We need to be making more calls and raising some hell about this. Make sure you address the 4 bullet points if you call, text, etc.. We are running out of time to act. If you haven’t called, take 2 minutes and do so.

Please keep calling these congressional representatives:
Senator Orrin Hatch - 202-224-5251/801-524-4380
Rep. John Curtis - sponsor of the bill 202-225-7751/801-922-5400
Rep. Colleen Hanabusa - co-sponsor 202-225-2726
And ask for the 4 amendments be added to the bill which are the minimum changes it will take for OHV enthusiasts to support the bill.

They are:
1. Establish a policy of "no net loss" of off-highway vehicle access within the NRA in perpetuity. (SEC. 102 (d))
2. Remove language that would prohibit building new motorized routes. (SEC. 102 (d)(2))
3. Clarify that the NRA's recreational purpose includes operating off-highway vehicles on motorcycle, ATV, and four-wheel drive trails. (SEC. 101 (b))
4. Remove language that would terminate the NRA's resource advisory council. (SEC. 103 (f))

If you chose to help, please refer to these 4 changes when you do. Also, please call your own congressional representative. It would help for them to know OHV enthusiasts would like their help to have these amendments included in the bill. Thank you!

You can find your representative's information here:
https://www.house.gov/representati…/find-your-representative

MANY THANKS TO DORIS QUINN for this important update!

ID Bronco

Having served on two RAC committees in Idaho, overall they are a good thing. I was the only motorized supporter on the RAC and although it was lonely, my voice was vital in many decisions. Without stakeholders being part of the process the Bureaucrats just run with what "feels good" or what the progressive agenda is at the time.

I hope everyone makes the calls.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
The Emery County Public Lands Bill is on its way through DC and the Sage Riders, Ride with Respect and the CCOHVA have been working to get some language changed in the bill to help protect the future of OHV use in the San Rafael Swell.

There are 2 main people (who I am not going to name at this point) who have been largely responsible for writing this bill. While Emery County holds regular Public Lands Council meetings, at no point did they hold any public meetings for people to look at any type of draft of the bill before it was sent to Washington. We have our own beliefs as to why this was and feel that we gained proof of it during the most recent Emery County Commission meeting when Randy Johnson was providing an update the the commissioners. Go to the following link https://www.utah.gov/pmn/files/432583.MP3
and pay attention to the exchange that occurs between County Commissioner Kent Wilson and Randy Johnson at around 24:30 when Kent raises questions that have been brought to his attention. While Randy claims it is a joke, we believe that truth can be found in sarcasm.

We need you to make it known that the OHV community will not support a bill that we know does not protect our interests. We need people to call the offices of the Emery County Commissioners, Rob Bishop, Mike Lee, John Curtis and Orrin Hatch.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Premium Vendor
The Emery County Public Lands Bill is on its way through DC and the Sage Riders, Ride with Respect and the CCOHVA have been working to get some language changed in the bill to help protect the future of OHV use in the San Rafael Swell.

There are 2 main people (who I am not going to name at this point) who have been largely responsible for writing this bill. While Emery County holds regular Public Lands Council meetings, at no point did they hold any public meetings for people to look at any type of draft of the bill before it was sent to Washington. We have our own beliefs as to why this was and feel that we gained proof of it during the most recent Emery County Commission meeting when Randy Johnson was providing an update the the commissioners. Go to the following link https://www.utah.gov/pmn/files/432583.MP3
and pay attention to the exchange that occurs between County Commissioner Kent Wilson and Randy Johnson at around 24:30 when Kent raises questions that have been brought to his attention. While Randy claims it is a joke, we believe that truth can be found in sarcasm.

We need you to make it known that the OHV community will not support a bill that we know does not protect our interests. We need people to call the offices of the Emery County Commissioners, Rob Bishop, Mike Lee, John Curtis and Orrin Hatch.
Thanks for the update! Emailing on behalf of myself and ExpeditionUtah now. Will follow up with calls!