Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
As my Samurai is slowly being revived from it's coma, it's been found that it needs more fuel pressure than what the stock regulator provides. And since it's a closed unit that we can't just open up and fiddle with, I'm in need of an adjustable one. As it's a Samurai, it doesn't need to provide much pressure, it needs a minimum pressure of 11psi and the max is ~50psi. I've asked the internets, and they told me that there are many, many options to choose from. So I thought I'd ask RME if anyone has a suggestion or experience so I might be able to narrow the options a bit.

Last edited:

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
I always choose Accufab adjustable FPRs on my turbo Mopars, such as my former turbo Caravan.

1303500444_XL1000738-600x300.jpg

They are a high quality, attractive design that works very well. Depending on which injectors I was running, I would dial in a 'base' pressure of 30 or 55 psi. I know mine can go lower than 30 psi, though I never tried to find out how much lower it could go since I needed at least that amount.

The one I use (pictured above) is vacuum/boost referenced, though I doubt you'll need that capability. Still, I'm sure they'll have a model that suits your application. I'd recommend Accufab to anybody.

B2-Bomber

Another thought is that most injectors don't really operate below 30 psi. Only the gm tbi injectors can function that Low as I recall

littlyota

I always choose Accufab adjustable FPRs on my turbo Mopars, such as my former turbo Caravan.

1303500444_XL1000738-600x300.jpg

They are a high quality, attractive design that works very well. Depending on which injectors I was running, I would dial in a 'base' pressure of 30 or 55 psi. I know mine can go lower than 30 psi, though I never tried to find out how much lower it could go since I needed at least that amount.

The one I use (pictured above) is vacuum/boost referenced, though I doubt you'll need that capability. Still, I'm sure they'll have a model that suits your application. I'd recommend Accufab to anybody.

Do you have a link to these? Do they have a port for a Guage?

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
Do you have a link to these?

https://www.accufabracing.com/fuel/regulators

Do they have a port for a Guage?

No, at least not the model I use. In my car's case, the fuel rail itself has a schrader valve right on it, which works well for (temporarily) mounting a gauge to dial in the regulator. Once it is dialed in, I almost never need to reattach the gauge; I make a mark on the adjustment dial so I can tell where the initial set point is. At the drag strip, I will make small adjustments to compensate for atmospheric conditions (perhaps adding 1/4 or 1/2 of a turn if the EGT gets too high, for example) but that's it.

HTH