Adventure Bike Ride (mostly dirt)

rholbrook

Is there any interest in an Adventure Bike ride? Multiple day or even one day. There are lots of places we can go before the snow flies or we can head south after the snow flies.

First picture is from riding all over Wyoming and parts of Idaho and Montana. Second picture is riding from the gas plant above Coalville to Bear River
Service to and over Soapstone to Tabiona and then back to Kamas and home. For you snowmobilers, that is the Super Bowl in the Third picture.
83E06D62-3BFA-4620-9A23-1E45E0C82D1C.JPGIMG_8190.jpgIMG_8197.jpg
At my age, roughing it is a Motel 6 but I could be convinced to tent it if needed.

rholbrook

I can’t wait until Jack is done racing. An adventure bike is on my short list of things to buy and spend some time riding.
At some point you need to get Jack off the nipple. I have been talking to my wife about adoption options. I think we are going to give ours up for adoption. Any takers?

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Anytime someone mentions to us about our kids being cute or whatever I always throw out that they are for sale. Always catches them by surprise. I love it. My wife hates it, which is why I continue to do it. 😂

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Anytime someone mentions to us about our kids being cute or whatever I always throw out that they are for sale. Always catches them by surprise. I love it. My wife hates it, which is why I continue to do it. 😂

I am counting the days until mine move out. They are past the fun kid phase and are full on in the snotty teenager phase.

I have been told it gets better when they become adults.

rholbrook

A group of us went and rode the White Rim Trail last Wednesday, a big ride through and around the La Sals(ventured into a Kevin Costner movie set(Horizons) and scattered their long horn cows. The wranglers were upset and was a complete dick. We stopped and waited for them to herd them past us but they didnt want to cooperate. They finally waved us through and while going through the cowboy asked me how any of us were left and because he was a dick, I told him 15 more bikes. We ended the day in Arches, one of the 890s had a blown clutch. We found someone to come pick up the one I pulled out for the Rekluse and it was installed just in time to ride Lockhart Basin. We ended the week with a ride through the Book Cliffs. The wind was nuts on the way back to Moab on the bikes.

We learned the hard way that any bike above an 890 has no business in sandy washes or Lockhart Basin. There was a GS1200 and an Adventure 1290 that got torn up on the ride. We had to gang bang them up every obstacle.IMG_0029.JPGIMG_3899.jpgIMG221020-090547-000054F.JPGIMG_8521.jpgIMG_8511.jpgI am now looking for someone to redo the suspension on the 890. I have a call into Moto Experts, he is supposed to call me back in the morning. I am enjoying this activity. We had a GS1200, 1290 Adventure, 2 Tenere 700's, an Adventure 790 R and 5 890 Adventure R's on the ride. Good group and great ride. We had 1200 miles planned but only got about 800 ridden. We didnt make it to Blanding to ride the Flint Trail back and we cut out a section from Onion Creek into Arches.

Last edited:

Moab mark

It depends on what you want to do it'll do everything OK but it won't do anything overly exciting. It will be underpowered both off road and on road. But it would get the job done.