Adventure Bike

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Well I wanted to take my wife to a movie two up ronight and my bike didn't have passenger pegs when I bought it. I had about 35-40 minutes to make something happen... so

20170703_232255.jpg

...at least the hardware is legit. :)

Took her maybe 30 miles round trip on the freeway. Windscreen helps. The bike still is plenty fast & comfortable 2 up.

Last edited:

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I've just been steadily putting miles on this sucker and it's starting to grow on me.

Wednesday starting at 5:15pm I rode from my house then up Mueller Park Canyon (which is busy on a nice cool evening) up and over then down North Canyon and home by 6:25pm. I couldn't believe it. The weight of it fades away when your moving, I almost thought I was on a 450 a few times, but strangely it's so much quieter than any 4 stroke I've owned before.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I've just been steadily putting miles on this sucker and it's starting to grow on me.

Wednesday starting at 5:15pm I rode from my house then up Mueller Park Canyon (which is busy on a nice cool evening) up and over then down North Canyon and home by 6:25pm. I couldn't believe it. The weight of it fades away when your moving, I almost thought I was on a 450 a few times, but strangely it's so much quieter than any 4 stroke I've owned before.

The 690 is at it's best when you ride it like a 450! They're neat bikes, I miss mine often.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
So, weird to say it, but I've been riding this lots more than my 300 lately. It's nice to just take off from the house and head to the hills.

I'm thinking about planning a longer trip to hit some warmer weather. Does anyone want to go do a dual sport ride starting in St. George and heading into Nevada maybe to Caliente? I know some killer dirt roads and it should only be a day or two long.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
So the filter on my dirt bike gets changed every other ride and it's usually filthy.
I've checked this bike at least a half dozen times and here is the filter after over 500 miles.
IMG_20180508_143554.jpg
It's amazingly clean.

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight
Sweet bike. I picked up a KTM 500 and my buddy rides a Husqvarna 701. We are both ordering mosko Moto reckless soft panniers/bags and plan on doing a bunch of adventure rides this year. He gushes about his 701, but it's a heavy beast in the more technical stuff. However, he can throw the wife two up and do Forest lake straight from his house, so he's got me there...;)
Mine has the Scott's steering stabilizer. I'm a believer, makes a big difference IMO.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I love my Scott's; it's saved my bacon more than a few times. I've had one on my other bike for 3 years and a GPR on my one before it. This bike got one to try to take out some loose feeling (not quite headshake) I get on grooved concrete around 70mph.

It's not like my 300 but I've gotten my 690 in places most should not. (I rode most of the 3rd loop of the Rage Riders Cherry Creek National Hare and Hound marking course- and that stuff is nasty).

It's a great bike and I believe it makes more power across a wider rpm range than ANY other bike with similar displacement. (Including sport bikes).

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
So I got a chance to do an adventure ride the other day with my friend up the fire break road from Bountiful to Farmington. Then up Farmington canyon across skyline drive and back down Bountiful canyon. Really really fun. Around 50 miles of dirt in just about 2 hours. These bikes really eat up the rough stuff fast.
He just bought a brand new 1090 Adventure R and I put maybe 10 miles on it. Really fun bike and the contrast was surprising: when I hopped back on my bike it felt likea 125. :cool:

MVIMG_20180809_110321.jpgIMG_20180809_115343.jpgIMG_20180809_115401.jpgMVIMG_20180809_121311.jpgIMG_20180809_121313.jpg

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
So I got a chance to do an adventure ride the other day with my friend up the fire break road from Bountiful to Farmington. Then up Farmington canyon across skyline drive and back down Bountiful canyon. Really really fun. Around 50 miles of dirt in just about 2 hours. These bikes really eat up the rough stuff fast.
He just bought a brand new 1090 Adventure R and I put maybe 10 miles on it. Really fun bike and the contrast was surprising: when I hopped back on my bike it felt likea 125. :cool:

View attachment 115146View attachment 115147View attachment 115148View attachment 115149View attachment 115150

If I were to get another bike, it would be a 1090 Adventure R. Yeah, they're big in the dirt compared to smaller bikes but run great down the road with the power and fairings. I hear they're like a refined 990 Adventure, and I loved my 990.