AF Canyon to Little Cottonwood: A Shortcut

Floppy Hat

mbryson's hairdresser
Article from today's Salt Lake Trib:

http://www.sltrib.com/ci_2531128

"The envisioned tunnel probably would be about 400 feet long, 12 feet wide and 10 feet high. People would wear their skis while riding the 32-inch-wide "magic carpet" conveyor from one end to the other."

At 12' wide and 10' high we should be able to drive through it while straddling the conveyor. :D

EZRhino

KalishnaKitty
Here's a pic of me and Sam on a similar conveyor contraption in Sun Valley over Christmas. It is a really nice and easy way for little kids to get up the learner hill. It goes really really slllllllllllllllooooooooooooooooowwwwwww.

EZ

Last edited:

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
popo said:
I think that is stupid!!!!!!!!!
And they say offroaders screw up the eviroment. Mining yes, but to just help with income, NO!!!!!!
It's not about the money bozo,,, read the article. How much do you think something like this is going to cost? How many years will it take to actually get a return on their investment?

Some people speak before they know the facts.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
popo said:
I think that is stupid!!!!!!!!!
And they say offroaders screw up the eviroment. Mining yes, but to just help with income, NO!!!!!!

WHOA....Snowbird seems to KNOW it pays to be somewhat environmentally concious. I'm sure they'll do a decent job of keeping it looking as natural as possible.

If it's financially viable ($$,$$$,$$$$,$$$.$$ to drill that hole through the mountain, I bet) and on their land, why not? Railroads and the government can do it.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
popo said:
Better start selling more tickets Shawn.

What kind of deals do you all up there next month.
There is a Law Inforcement Special.... $589.00 1/2 day pass.

How many would you like?

:rofl: