Air Fryer love

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Anyone else have an air fryer they're using?

My wife picked up a cheap ($60) air fryer this week, hoping to cook some food that was healthy as opposed to deep fried. I was pretty interested in the thing, ended up trying a few different items and came away very impressed. I tried french fries, then sweet potato fries and finally buffalo wings. The french fries were OK, not the best but for my first attempt, I thought they were pretty decent. I think if you coated them with butter before frying, they'd be even better. The sweet potato fries were tossed with brown sugar and melted butter. Once they were done, I salted them and I have to say, they were damn good. I little cinnamon would have been nice, IMO. Lastly, I picked up a package of wings from the grocery store, that already had sauce on them. Tossed them in the air fryer for 15 min and they were awesome! I should have tossed them in sauce after they came out, as they were a bit dry, but the taste was on point. I'm a fan of the air fryer!

Any others have a favorite recipe?

Kevin B.

Big hippy
I just bought the Ninja all in one air fryer/slow cooker/pressure cooker/dehydrator. It's a little small, but it replaced several other appliances on the shelf and I do like the air fryer. Makes mad good chicken with a little less mess than the frying pan.

AaronPaige

I also have a ninja, only thing I have tried is breaded chicken strips. A little slower that deep frying in oil but I do like the flavor better. I hope to find something else good because one use in 2-3 months isn’t worth having in my book.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Yup they are a game changer!

Totally agree.

We had one for just a bit and hated everything that we tried in it. My brother loves his ??‍♂️

Interesting, what did you hate about the food that came out of it?

I just bought the Ninja all in one air fryer/slow cooker/pressure cooker/dehydrator. It's a little small, but it replaced several other appliances on the shelf and I do like the air fryer. Makes mad good chicken with a little less mess than the frying pan.

Sounds like a nice unit! I do like the quick cook time, seems like it's pretty simple to cook something up and the operation is super simple.

I also have a ninja, only thing I have tried is breaded chicken strips. A little slower that deep frying in oil but I do like the flavor better. I hope to find something else good because one use in 2-3 months isn’t worth having in my book.

Interesting, I was pretty happy with the buffalo wings. I'll have to try the breaded chicken strips.

Reheating onion rings from Astro Burger in my Ninja Air fryer made them like new with a litte less oily fingers... So good!

Ohh, good call on reheating fried food with it!

ID Bronco

I bought myself one for Christmas, didn't know if I'd like it so I went with a small cheap one, after getting killer finger steaks from the foodservice store, I wish I had bought a bigger one. My family is pretty large (in number, not mass) so it takes a couple of rotations.

Finger steaks are awesome in it!
Chicken is good.
Tater tots are better than baked, but not as good as fried, but better for us.
Seasoned fries cooked a little longer than recommended are crispy and awesome.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Interesting, what did you hate about the food that came out of it?

We felt like the chicken was super dry.
I don't remember what else we tried.
We only gave it a few tries though. It's quite possible we were dumb and didn't know how to use it.

comingdown

I just fry stuff in oil and will die when I die. I basically just fry chicken and tortillas for tacos or enchiladas. My wife is anti frying so I couldn’t justify the shelf space for a dedicated fryer. I bake my wings, quite the process but they always turn out delicious.

Kevin B.

Big hippy

We've used ours a bunch. Slow cooked a chunk of pork and then shredded it for tacos, we cooked a whole chicken doing the pressure-cooker-then-air-fry thing, I've cooked chicken thighs in it a bunch, did chicken breast over rice, I air fried a tbone that turned out pretty good, we've done awesome sweet potato fries, lots of options. I think if I was only allowed one appliance besides the stove I'd take one of these over a microwave.