Airlines?

embabe

My own epidemic!
I need your help guys-- This friend of mine is in a sticky situation, and if any of you have any connections or ideas, they'd be greatly appreciated!

Here's the story: Her sister-in-law was murdered this last week and she has to fly to North Carolina to speak at the funeral. She's a single mom of two kids and she works full time and has already had to take off a lot of time for this, and she just found out that tickets to North Carolina are going to cost her $1000! :eek: If any of you could suggest anything, I open to any suggestions. She's willing to repay favors in any way she can (or I can).

(I'll post a link to the newspaper article when I get home, too)

embabe

My own epidemic!
Thanks for the link! United said they could get her a flight for $600... still a little on the high side. :(

I swear this poor girl has the worst luck ever!

Klif01

Do I bother you?
Try expedia or orbitz.

I just searched on there, and you could get round trip to charleston starting at 360.

Thats how I always get my tickets to go to mississippi to see the fam!

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Wow, Sorry to hear about her situation.

Tell her to ask the airlines about bereavement fares. When my dad died, I got a bereavement fare for both me and my brother. Tickets that would have cost about 800 and 1200 each ended up costing about half price. It is worth a shot.

embabe

My own epidemic!
Thanks for all your help guys! She just called to tell me she and her sister found some tickets for $400! :) Too bad that doesn't help the situation in North Carolina... :-\